SQL queries causing slowdown and outages

DRE

I had lots of downtime with xFHost.me so I left and when I did I was given a chance to have my site hosted at a VPS for a limited time. During my stay my site went down again and they gave me a list of what MySQL queries were slowing down my server and deleted my site. So I'm off to looking for another host again. I think 8thos will be down for longer period since I will have to find someone to look at this .txt file to see what's causing issues with my database. I don't know who does anything like that so I will have to take some time this weekend to research.

You know, I had to double check I read that figure correctly. I thought, nah that can't be right and looked several more times. :LOL:

I can just envision the server thinking "oh no dre is coming back to install another add-on i can't cope with this" :D
Well, it explains why my server had a meltdown ROFL Even the thought of installing that many addons makes my head ache!

Sounds almost as crazy as 110+ xF installs.

Dre, I would suspect it's just one add-on, whatever is doing all those selects, all columns, from the main tables.

It wouldn't be any TMS modification, I don't think, it doesn't do that type of SELECT with joins, IIRC.

Any ideas what add-ons they were?

Its what, a 2 week timeframe, with 3 days possible to upload?
I was on xFHost.me since the last week of February. Mike said he had no issues at the very beginning.

That leaves me with a period of one month. I work on the site often so there's no telling until they can investigate.

I was on xFHost.me since the last week of February. Mike said he had no issues at the very beginning.

That leaves me with a period of one month. I work on the site often so there's no telling until they can investigate.

well I hope you get this sorted out soon with chris and the other guys helping out it shouldn't be too much longer.

It's yet to be determined if it was his site solely causing all the issues. Let's not place blame on DRE until it is sorted out.
Well, it was definitely DRE's site causing the issues on my server. Once his site was removed, everything else has worked perfectly since. While he was on my VPS, my server loads was averaging around 76.0.. once his site had gone, it'd dropped back down to 0.02.

I just want to say something real quick. I don't want people pointing fingers at each other so please lets keep it peaceful. It's just the internet, you can turn it off. I am not mad at anyone and I don't want anyone mad at me because they regret helping me. You should not help anyone if you aren't prepared for whatever consequences that may come. You should not let other people's problems become your burden. That's them and theirs alone. It's their responsibility. I accept full responsibility for my site being down.

Please don't blame Mike Edge and Mike, please stop mentioning to me that you regret hosting me for free because if I had paid you $100 a month I still would've had these issues. Besides, I paid for the first month so I was actually a paying customer a week before I left. By leaving xFHost.me, Mike has a chance to prove that his service can remain 99% uptime since one of the sites that was causing him issues is gone now. The other site that caused him issues was being DDOS. Let's give him a clean slate from this point on.

Yeah, I would have suggested disabling the add-ons one by one but hell, you would still be there for the remainder of the year doing this tedious task.

edit: I'm quite interested though now what is causing it. look forward in seeing what is the cause if you find the issue. @Chris
Disabling addons don't take a long time unless it is a TMS addon. For instance, it may take between a second or two or maybe even 5 to 10 seconds to disable the average addon. If I disable a large addon, maybe around 15 seconds but if it's a TMS addon it varies from 5 seconds to 3 minutes and even after I disabling a TMS addon the effects are still in place. Weird right?

It's yet to be determined if it was his site solely causing all the issues. Let's not place blame on DRE until it is sorted out.

Other then the outage yesterday morning due to the kernel issues caused by Rs1Soft install (confirmed at http://www.cloudlinux.com/blog/clnews/new-cl6-kernel-2632379221lve1214el6.php - Kernel 2.6.32-379.22.1.lve1.2.14.el6 has been moved to production. This kernel resolves the issue with R1soft introduced in lve1.2.7 kernel). His site was the only one to still have major issues since moving from Litespeed to Nginx, His site was also the reason for all the out of memory issues Litespeed was having.. But I took the blame for it at the time even though it was confirmed by Litespeed techs that it was his site causing the errors.

Other then the outage yesterday morning due to the kernel issues caused by Rs1Soft install (confirmed at http://www.cloudlinux.com/blog/clnews/new-cl6-kernel-2632379221lve1214el6.php - Kernel 2.6.32-379.22.1.lve1.2.14.el6 has been moved to production. This kernel resolves the issue with R1soft introduced in lve1.2.7 kernel). His site was the only one to still have major issues since moving from Litespeed to Nginx, His site was also the reason for all the out of memory issues Litespeed was having.. But I took the blame for it at the time even though it was confirmed by Litespeed techs that it was his site causing the errors.

Please, let's not point fingers until this is sorted out.

Top Bottom