SQL queries causing slowdown and outages

DRE

I had lots of downtime with xFHost.me so I left and when I did I was given a chance to have my site hosted at a VPS for a limited time. During my stay my site went down again and they gave me a list of what MySQL queries were slowing down my server and deleted my site. So I'm off to looking for another host again. I think 8thos will be down for longer period since I will have to find someone to look at this .txt file to see what's causing issues with my database. I don't know who does anything like that so I will have to take some time this weekend to research.

Does your host run database backups or anything at that time?

Some of those crons run at various times, every hour or so, so it could still be one of your crons, right?

I wish there was a cron log that showed when they run because I've found a lot of the issues I've had were from add-on crons.

oh, that's right, this is on Slavik's hosting, I forgot. Good to have your host participate in problem determination.

I think you'll have to go through each cron to find out if one runs at 01:00am, but I'm not even sure if those cron schedules are based on local server time, or the admin time zone, or ???

Brogan already referred to my paragraph above, so I'm not helping much!

Reactions: DRE
I've also altered some settings for tonights backup, just to entirely rule that out for sure, particularly ive moved it an hour later.

Reactions: DRE
It seems weird it would be a cron if it's a "max connection" error, unless one is really behaving badly, making a lot of connections to the database. Is xF the only thing in the database, or are their other external tables for something else, blog, etc?

Maybe you could do a "show processlist;" around that time in MySQL to at least see what queries and tables are getting hit?

It seems weird it would be a cron if it's a "max connection" error, unless one is really behaving badly, making a lot of connections to the database. Is xF the only thing in the database, or are their other external tables for something else, blog, etc?

Maybe you could do a "show processlist;" around that time in MySQL to at least see what queries and tables are getting hit?
Hmm.

I have Arrowchat installed. I removed the template edits from the site and completely forgot because I could not run Arrowchat successfully on xFHost. I couldn't even run Addon Installer by Chris Deeming on xFHost either. Speaking of which, I had an issue with Addon Installer but Slavik was able to get it running on my site just fine. I will remove Arrowchat though to narrow it out.

stewart asked me how many core xenforo files have I changed. The only thing I can think of is something related to xenporta and the arcade.

I ran a File Health Check just now and got this ragtek error lol

Fatal error: Class 'Ragtek_PC_Hashes' not found in /var/www/vhosts/user/httpdocs/library/Ragtek/Feed/StaticMethods.php on line 30

Top Bottom