1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split Core and Add-on functions in ACP->Options

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Paul, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

It's getting more and more difficult trying to differentiate between CORE functions and ADD-ON functions in the options menu of the ACP. What i mean is they are all in the same list, in what seems to be a pseudo-random order!

I know you can filter to find them, but how about Splitting them into two, with two headings, or even easier, allow users to create heading groups and then move whichever they want into whichever group the want? Newly installed Add-ons will be uncategorised, therefore meaning that they can be moved to wherever and are also easy to find...

Anything please to stop me having to hunt up and down to find the option I'm looking for :LOL:
    Zachy, n00bsaibot, Fred. and 23 others like this.
  2. Luis

Luis Well-Known Member

I'll add my vote to this, although possibly this is also something that can make developers addons at this time.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Hi Paul,

What I did to solve this problem is to make all my add-ons have an Option Group Display Order of 4000.

I then hack the following file:

change line 37

option_group.display_order ASC, option_group.addon_id ASC

return $this->fetchAllKeyed('
           SELECT option_group.*
    $joinOptions['selectFields'] . '
           FROM xf_option_group AS option_group
    $joinOptions['joinTables'] . '
           WHERE 1=1
    . (!$fetchOptions['includeDebug'] ? 'AND option_group.debug_only = 0' '') . '
           ORDER BY

With this hack, when I want to find an add-on Option, I scroll down past the default XF Options and then see all the custom add-ons in alphabetical order.
    Mouth and BoostN like this.
  4. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea for an add-on @AndyB ;)
  5. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

Bump to get more likes for the first post in this thread - should be a core feature to differentiate core options groups from add-on options groups. :)
  6. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Whole heartedly agree with this :).
  7. vij

vij Active Member

Yes. Necessary.
  8. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I like the idea, always good if I can save time :cool: