Specific Mod user not appear in STAFF ONLINE

tafreehm

I have one moderator for one section only, with regular user rank.
basically that mod secondary usergroup of mod.And she appears in staff online section.
Which I do not want.

How can she still keep all moderation tools for one specific section and not appear in staff online ?

I might be wrong, but I think the staff is handled by adding them as moderators. Have you to create a group with every permission set as No (grey), then set up the forum permission for that group? Then set that group as a secondary group for that user.

From http://xenforo.com/help/moderators/
In order to have access to all of the moderator tools and functionality, and to appear as Staff, a user must be explicitly made a moderator.

The sidebar uses is_moderator to generate the staff list. That's not the moderator usergroup, but whether or not that person has moderator privileges anywhere on the site. I changed a line in the sidebar_online_users template from this:

PHP:
<xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}">

to this:

PHP:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 4} OR {$user.is_admin}">

That way it only shows users that are admins or are in the moderator usergroup. That sounds more like what you're looking for. Then just make sure that all of your global/site moderators are members of the proper group.

I might be wrong, but I think the staff is handled by adding them as moderators. Have you to create a group with every permission set as No (grey), then set up the forum permission for that group? Then set that group as a secondary group for that user.

From http://xenforo.com/help/moderators/
No, I just setup moderator usergroup as a secondary usergroup for her. I thought it would not make her appear as staff .... but will try your suggestion to

The sidebar uses is_moderator to generate the staff list. That's not the moderator usergroup, but whether or not that person has moderator privileges anywhere on the site. I changed a line in the sidebar_online_users template from this:

PHP:
<xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}">

to this:

PHP:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 4} OR {$user.is_admin}">

That way it only shows users that are admins or are in the moderator usergroup. That sounds more like what you're looking for. Then just make sure that all of your global/site moderators are members of the proper group.

If I do not include MOderator usergroup there then my moderators wont appear there. Because this person has a moderator usergroup as a secondary usergroup.
So basically she is a moderator of one forum, but I do not want her to appear in Staff online list.
I will still give it a shot !!

If Brogan would still be here, he would have known and posted the answer instantly.

Since this dows not happen to be any more, it's wise to look at his FAQ. :)

If Brogan would still be here, he would have known and posted the answer instantly.

Since this dows not happen to be any more, it's wise to look at his FAQ. :)
I found this

But now the problem is (I think), that way that person would have moderation inline option to all forums.. Which I do not want. I only want them to have moderation option in one forum only.

So basically she is a moderator of one forum, but I do not want her to appear in Staff online list.

You could remove her from the moderator usergroup (if it's not granting some other permission you want), or toggle it off a different usergroup. Create one called StaffList and then add only the users that you want to show in the list to that group... then change the #4 in the code above to whatever group number your StaffList group is. (Or toggle off a super/global moderator usergroup, etc).

rXxy.jpeg

Sorry to bump oldish thread but.

You could do an if statement to test if the user is in the user group, and if they are do nothing, else continue to check if they are in admin or moderator

Pseudocode:

If (user NOT EQUAL moderator_not_staff) {
if (admin OR moderator) {
do stuff
} }

simple :)

Top Bottom