As designed Username in Staff online block not inline

JoyFreak

Affected version
A little cosmetic but worth noting that the username isn't aligned with the avatar in the staff online block in the admin cp.

admin-cp-staff.webp

Hello JoyFreak, sorry i can't answer you but where you can see the staff online in ACP ? I can't see it. If i'm the only one from staff online can i see me normally ?

Oh i found the tricks ! but it's a little weird... if you not activate Staff Online in Members online widget it doesn't appears in ACP too...

I would still say that this is a "bug" in that if there is no title, it should center. If not, it's definitely a suggestion for a better appearing widget if some choose not to have a title while others do.

Oh i found the tricks ! but it's a little weird... if you not activate Staff Online in Members online widget it doesn't appears in ACP too...
Cannot reproduce this. It should show all of the time on the admin index as long as it finds users to display there.

I would still say that this is a "bug" in that if there is no title, it should center. If not, it's definitely a suggestion for a better appearing widget if some choose not to have a title while others do.
I don't think we generally agree with this. Note it's not unique to the admin CP though perhaps it looks worse there because it fits in a much wider area.

It applies to the front end widget too:

1602848998767.webp

You may note if you look closely around the software that this style of an image with a title is used throughout the software. It's a core feature and is reused in many places.

We call it the "content row" system. By default, the title is aligned with the top of the row. We do have a variant that aligns things in the middle, but it isn't really consistent with everything else.

On the whole, having it aligned to the top generally looks better. As an example, if we employed contentRow--alignMiddle in places like the New posts widget, it would look like this:

1602849311326.webp

Instead of:

1602849342226.webp

Which, and maybe it's subjective, but IMO just doesn't look as good. So really on the whole this is as designed and is just the default behaviour of content rows that I don't think there's a compelling reason to change at this point.

Cannot reproduce this. It should show all of the time on the admin index as long as it finds users to display there.
i can't reproduce it anymore... on the other hand I did not see it in the ACP, I activated "show the staff members" in the appropriate widget and this has it display in the ACP. Now if I disable the option, I always see the staff members in the CPA... probably a matter of ghosts...

There's a potential technical explanation. If, as an admin, you go straight to admin.php without hitting the front end of your site first, you probably won't show up as being online. The "Staff online" section comes from session activity which we only track for people on the front end.

oh ok, i tried but maybe there is a server delay and i'm still appears in ACP even i loged directly in ACP without going in public view.
I will try next log-in (y)

Top Bottom