Special Avatar for Banned Members

Special Avatar for Banned Members 1.3.10

No permission to download
You know people have reported that before but the add on doesn't and shouldn't work like that.

If you can reproduce it reliably on some test users, would I be able to get admin access to your board to try and test it myself to find out what's causing it?

You know people have reported that before but the add on doesn't and shouldn't work like that.

If you can reproduce it reliably on some test users, would I be able to get admin access to your board to try and test it myself to find out what's causing it?
Yes.

Chris D updated Special Avatar for Banned Members with a new update entry:

Bug fix and avatar path location change

This release mostly fixes an issue which made it appear as though a member who has been unbanned has had their original avatar deleted.

In reality, no files were being deleted, however some data was left behind (specifically the avatar_date field in the xf_user table) which tricked XF into thinking it should be looking for an uploaded avatar.

If the user had an uploaded avatar before they were banned, this would be unaffected after being unbanned. However, if the user had never uploaded an avatar before, when they were unbanned, XF would be expecting them to have one, but of course not being able to find it.

This issue is now fixed, but it is not fixed retroactively for unbanned users who may now appear to be missing an avatar. The workaround for these users is to edit them in the Admin CP and check the "Delete avatar" checkbox - this reverts them back to the default avatar.

This update also changes the location where the banned avatar is stored. The banned avatars are now stored in the following location:

<styleImagePath>/bannedavatar

If you have edited the banned avatars in the past, you simply need to copy them from <styleImagePath>/xenforo/avatars into the <styleImagePath>/bannedavatar directory.

The exact location depends on what is configured as your imagePath style property.

does this work with cloudflare? or should i like exclude that link from caching ?
I am using Cloudflare and I faced difficulties with this new update. Disabled the addon. It's not CF!
There's no reason it wouldn't work with CloudFlare as far as I know.

I don't personally use CloudFlare so you'll probably know more about it than me :)
Chris, there's a conflict with Sticky Multiple Account Info I guess as it generated thousands of errors.

Sampe:

Code:
Error Info

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_DataWriter_User::_postSave() must be public (as in class BannedAvatar_XenForo_DataWriter_User) - library/WMTech/StickyMultipleAccountInfo/DataWriter/User.php:0

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(71) "http://www.example.com/threads/xxxxxx"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/xxxxxx"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Is there a way to show a different special avatar for temporary banned users?
If not: is it possible to only show the special avatar for permanently banned users?

I am using Cloudflare and I faced difficulties with this new update. Disabled the addon. It's not CF!

Chris, there's a conflict with Sticky Multiple Account Info I guess as it generated thousands of errors.

Sampe:

Code:
Error Info

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_DataWriter_User::_postSave() must be public (as in class BannedAvatar_XenForo_DataWriter_User) - library/WMTech/StickyMultipleAccountInfo/DataWriter/User.php:0

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(71) "http://www.example.com/threads/xxxxxx"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/xxxxxx"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Oops... This is fixed now sorry about that.

Is there a way to show a different special avatar for temporary banned users?
If not: is it possible to only show the special avatar for permanently banned users?
No. It relies on the "is_banned" flag in the xf_user table and this is always 0 for not banned or 1 for banned regardless of the type of ban.

Feature request:
- show a different avatar for temporary banned members.
OR
- setting to show special avatar only for permanently banned members.

You need to copy the banned avatar files from the default location styles/default/xenforo/avatars to whatever your image path is on your custom style, e.g. styles/<your_style_image_path>/xenforo/avatars
any suggestions if this doesn't get the images to load? i'm on flat awesome + and they're not pulling up.

Top Bottom