XF 1.5 Sparkpost

Gary

I tried setting up Sparkpost to use with Xenforo, but the email says it's sent, but doesn't seem to have sent (never shows as sent in Sparkpost, and never received). Here are the settings I am using.

SMTP
Server: smtp.sparkpostmail.com
Port: 587
Authentication: Username and Password
Username: SMTP_Injection
Password: My API Key
Encryption: TLS

Are these the correct settings to use?

What options need to be set in the API key?

Last edited:
It seems there might not be any or many people familiar with it.

I suggest you may need to liaise with Sparkpost and your host on this one.

As far as XF is concerned, we will treat whatever you put there the same way as any other SMTP server, so as long as the login details are correct, all should be good. Generally if there is a failure on our end we will log it in the Server Error Log. So that could hint towards it being lost between your host and Sparkpost.

Have you configured your sending domain in SparkPost?

Did you check the message events in SparkPost to see whether the messages are being received at their end? You will normally see two entries, one for when the message was "injected" (put into the SparkPost system) and another when it was "delivered" or "bounced" or "rejected" or whatever.

Go here: https://app.sparkpost.com/account/sending-domains to set up your sending domains. Make sure it says "ready to send".

Go here: https://app.sparkpost.com/reports/message-events to see your message events

It seems there might not be any or many people familiar with it.

I use SparkPost for all of my XenForo forums :D

EDIT: I should mention that I did write myself a custom addon to do full integration using API for sending though - not currently using SMTP for sending via SparkPost ... but I did originally and it worked fine with a few caveats.

I use SparkPost for all of my XenForo forums :D

EDIT: I should mention that I did write myself a custom addon to do full integration using API for sending though - not currently using SMTP for sending via SparkPost ... but I did originally and it worked fine with a few caveats.
Sorry for the delay in responding, as I didn't get notification of the new replies, and had just given up using it. I'm in the same boat again though. Do the settings in my original post appear to be correct or are their different this needed to do?

Sorry for the delay in responding, as I didn't get notification of the new replies, and had just given up using it. I'm in the same boat again though. Do the settings in my original post appear to be correct or are their different this needed to do?
Often times, the host will block common mail ports. Check with your host to make sure they aren't blocking outgoing connections on that port.

Yes, they seem correct.

Note that you also have to add your domain to the sending domains in SparkPost, verify the domain and wait for it to be approved, then you need to add an API key with Send via SMTP permissions.

upload_2016-12-14_17-59-3.webp

upload_2016-12-14_18-0-19.webp

Top Bottom