1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Spam phrases not working?

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by dieg0, Oct 20, 2013.

1. dieg0

dieg0 Active Member

I have set up cheap and shoes as spam phrases for users with less than 5 messages.

I believe this message should have been rejected but it was not.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

When you say you have "cheap and shoes" in there, how have you written it? On separate lines?

3. dieg0

dieg0 Active Member

Separate lines.

cheap
    shoes

I'm running 1.2.2 btw.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  4. dieg0

dieg0 Active Member

Is this the system expected behavior?

5. Mike

It shouldn't be, but I haven't had an opportunity to explicitly test it yet with those examples and that content -- we use various values here and things do consistently get caught. If you have any add-ons that involve themselves in spam checks, that could interfere.

6. dieg0

dieg0 Active Member

I just re-tested it on a site with no plugins and the thread does get moderated but not rejected. I guess the moderation part is given a higher priority than the spam phrases rejects. That confused me but it gets the job done.

7. Mike

You choose the action taken when spam phrases are found (just below the text area). The "worst" action is what should be taken if multiple come together (like spam phrases and Akismet).

8. dieg0

dieg0 Active Member

I have set it up to reject that content.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      7.7 KB
      Views:
  9. Mike

I found an issue here where the moderated decision of Akismet would override the denied option of spam phrases (workaround would involve disabling Akismet which may not be an option).