Implemented Spam Management Default Rejection Message

Marcus

If you set the spam management for "reject dubious user registrations" I would like a default message like

"Please contact the administrator at mail@domain.com regarding your registration. Thank you."

Lots of computers auto-register, but rather few people write an email to the admin. It is very time consuming to go through all fake registrations.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
From my understanding, rejected users do not get a special answer. I honestly don't know what these users will see.

From my understanding, rejected users do not get a special answer. I honestly don't know what these users will see.

Oh, I think I misread your OP.

Are you asking for an e-mail to be sent to them telling them to contact you or something like that?

If a user is registering, and the register process is rejected, he should get a message phrased like:

"Please contact the administrator at mail@domain.com regarding your registration. Thank you."

Not an email, just a simple message. But it's possible there is already a message in the system doing something like that? I do not know.

If a user is registering, and the register process is rejected, he should get a message phrased like:

Not an email, just a simple message. But it's possible there is already a message in the system doing something like that? I do not know.

I'm afraid I don't know, either.

Mike, Kier, Jeremy or Brogan should definitely be able to answer.

This is roughly already done, though we never give out emails like that:
Your registration has been rejected. You may contact the administrator if you require further information or assistance.
It's also just a phrase so you can change it to whatever you want (spam_prevention_registration_rejected).

Top Bottom