1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Spam Management Default Rejection Message

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Marcus, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

If you set the spam management for "reject dubious user registrations" I would like a default message like

"Please contact the administrator at mail@domain.com regarding your registration. Thank you."

Lots of computers auto-register, but rather few people write an email to the admin. It is very time consuming to go through all fake registrations.

Veer likes this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can't you just edit the phrase?

3. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

From my understanding, rejected users do not get a special answer. I honestly don't know what these users will see.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Oh, I think I misread your OP.

Are you asking for an e-mail to be sent to them telling them to contact you or something like that?

5. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

If a user is registering, and the register process is rejected, he should get a message phrased like:

"Please contact the administrator at mail@domain.com regarding your registration. Thank you."

Not an email, just a simple message. But it's possible there is already a message in the system doing something like that? I do not know.

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I don't know, either.

Mike, Kier, Jeremy or Brogan should definitely be able to answer.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is roughly already done, though we never give out emails like that:
    It's also just a phrase so you can change it to whatever you want (spam_prevention_registration_rejected).

Marcus and Veer like this.