XF 1.5 Spam Cleanup didn't Ban user?

XenBurger

I used spam cleanup on a user today who needed to be banned.

When I search his username in the admin, it shows him as:

Usergroup: Registered (not banned)
User state: Valid
Secondary User Group: Nothing checked, including banned

Is this user properly banned, and if so, why isn't that indicated when I view their account?

--------------

Second question, this user logged in from at least 10 different IP addresses over the course of his membership.

Do all 10 IP's get banned when using spam cleanup?

As long as you check the option to ban when spam cleaning, the member will be banned.

1) Is there some logic behind having their user administration page indicate nothing about being banned? That is really confusing.

2) Do banned users get moved to the "Banned" usergroup, and if so, why doesn't it say this user is in that group?
3) Part of spam cleanup is to Ban the IP i thought. So all their IP's dont get banned?

There is a list of banned users. In the ACP users menu.

There is not a banned usergroup unless you create one

In options there is the option to automatically add a user to a specified group on banning but you must set this up, as it is not a default.

1) Is there some logic behind having their user administration page indicate nothing about being banned? That is really confusing.
It lists if they are banned at the top, under the title of the page (same location it will mention administrator, moderator, etc).

3) Part of spam cleanup is to Ban the IP i thought. So all their IP's dont get banned?
We never do automated IP banning (significant false positives). The spam cleaner only does direct user banning.

Top Bottom