XF 1.5 Can moderators ban user (not with the spam feature)?

snoopy5

Hi

is it in XF1.5x possible for moderators to ban users?

I mean ban like the admin can, so that old posts of that users do not get deleted as in the anti-spam feature?

There is no option in the feature set like in XF 2.1x as far as I can see, but maybe there is a possibility after a specific amount of warning points to stop the user at least for a limited amount of time to continue to post until an adminsitrator can take care of him?

It was introduced in XF 2.0.

But, yes, otherwise the recommended way is with warnings, warning points and warning actions.

How does that work with these warning points. After how many the user gets banned?

I need a way that while I am absent, the moderators are able to control a troll/make him silent until I am back.

Probably best to read the manual pages in the first instance:
And then take a look at the settings available in the Admin CP relating to these.

In brief, each warning can give a certain number of warning points. You can configure certain actions to happen once a set number of warning points has been exceeded. Actions can be anything from being added to a group, to temporary bans to permanent bans.

Is it possible for a moderator to prohibit a member from posting for a period of time, or to make it so that a member's posts are subject to moderator approval before being displayed?

Top Bottom