XF 1.5 Spam cleaner not visible in member profile

Mr Lucky

I see from the documentation that the spam cleaner should be available on profile or member card, but I am not seeing it. I have criteria set:

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 10.08.22.webp

So I assume I should se the spam cleaner for someone who registered on Friday and has not yet posted.

Are there some other settings I need to find?

Thanks

Can you spam clean others? If not, then you may be lacking the moderator permission to do the cleaning.

If so, can you screenshot the info block from this user's profile (left column) to confirm the various elements of their criteria?

The spam link would be visible on the member card when you hover over their avatar.

On the profile it would be under the Moderator Tools menu (on the right).

Thanks, the documention may need updating:

• On a member card by clicking the Spam link which overlays the avatar when you hover over it
  • On a profile page by clicking the Spam Cleaner link below the member name. under the moderator tools menu on the right

I think I'm having the same issue, sometime the Spam cleaner menu is visible, particularly when XF has identified at least one of their post contains spam. But if none of their post identified as spam, then XF is not displaying Spam cleaner menu on both.

The spam cleaner button isn't shown/hidden based on any sort of spam detection.

It's displayed based on the criteria set here: Admin CP > Options > Spam Managment

Just adjust the criteria accordingly. There are some high values you could set there so it is pretty much always visible.

However, please note, the use case for the Spam Cleaner is only to deal with a relatively small amount of content. It isn't supposed to be used for cleaning up thousands of posts from established members. It's extremely unlikely a well established member would suddenly become a spammer, so generally the spam cleaner would only need to be used for newer members with not a lot of content.

Obviously the defaults are what we suggest but you may change them to whatever you want. I just wouldn't expect it to work very well when dealing with over a few hundred items of content so maybe base it on that.

Top Bottom