1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Spam Cleaner Doesn't Delete Soft Deleted Posts

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by BamaStangGuy, Mar 1, 2013.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

If you use the Spam cleaner and have it set to permanently delete it does not delete already existing soft deletes by that user.
    Chris D likes this.
  2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

This isn't really a bug, this is a feature request ;)
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Hmm I'm steering more towards a bug.

I would have expected the spam cleaner to behave the way it advertises.

If you're using the spam cleaner on a user and you ask it to permanently delete messages then there shouldn't be any exceptions to that.
    14DH01, Pereira, Kim and 2 others like this.
  4. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

5. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Yup, I'd agree too - cleaning *all* posts/threads should mean all.

Shaun :D
  6. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

But perhaps the user has content that was soft deleted because it is needed as proof or needs to be made public someday.
  7. Chris D

Then that user is unlikely to fall under the definition of a spammer.
    BamaStangGuy likes this.
  8. Chris D

Anyway. The fix is relatively simple to cater for both needs.

In addition to the permanently delete box there should be a checkbox that is on by default that is labelled "delete already soft deleted posts".
    Vincent likes this.
  9. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Agreed, it is annoying to have to permanently delete after asking for that option.

I have also notice that when the spammer has more than 1 other alias, the page freezes after deleting the 2nd one, and you have to then find another spam post by that 2nd or 3rd alias to kill off only another 2, then so on and so on.
  10. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Agreed, this annoyed me as well.

It doesn't seem to register a user with only soft-deleted posts / threads as a spammer either, so it doesn't seem to use any of the other tools (like deleting the user) on him too.
  11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think the code was probably assuming the soft delete method was being used, to prevent doing work twice. But obviously that's not the only option, so I've just removed that condition.
    Kevin likes this.