1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 Source database details stored?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by DavidB, Jan 21, 2012.

1. DavidB

DavidB Member

Hi,

I recently bought a site running xf. The owner had started a conversion from vB4 but never completed it. Unfortunatly it has been sitting like this for a few months. The redirects are in place and working, however the attachments step has never been run.

The good news is that I have the vB4 database that was used to start the import. However, the SOURCE database name, username and password have changed since I moved everything to my server. Therefore I need to edit these to finsh the import.

I don't want to start the import from the the beginning as the redirects will be screwed then.

I'm happy to go into phpmyadmin and manually change this data if thats what it takes to be able to finish the existing import.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It should be the importSession record in xf_data_registry, though note that this is serialized (binary) data, so you need to be very careful editing it.

3. DavidB

DavidB Member

I was hoping you weren't going to say that lol.

Is the easiest way to do this in PHP, by unserializing it, modifying and reserializing?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah, that's probably the safest approach.

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I can help you edit it manually in phpmyadmin if you send me a PM with the blob data, or a URL and login for phpmyadmin. Mike is correct that you need to be careful editing serialized data, but I have done it many times before and can probably save you the trouble of writing a PHP script.