1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user 'techinfo_ips'@'local

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by AshRobboTI, Jun 16, 2014.

  1. AshRobboTI

    AshRobboTI Member

    I'm importing from IPB 3.4.6 (3.4) and am running into this error when entering what I believe to be all the correct MySQL information.

    I've checked the conf_global.php file with the database information and all entered is also correct.

    Am I missing something really obvious here?
     
  2. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    The full error was cut off there, but it's telling you that either the password is wrong or you don't have permission to access the database you named (it should be the IPB database). Unfortunately there isn't really much that we can do to give you guidance there as this would be down to your server's configuration.
     
  3. AshRobboTI

    AshRobboTI Member

    Thanks for the input Mike, I soon caught on as to why it was happening.

    Working closely with an IPS staff member to resolve the issue, they don't allow remote access so make the whole process somewhat tedious.
     
    Slavik likes this.
  4. dwooding

    dwooding Member

    Similar situation for me. Trying to import vBulletin 4.x into clean Xenforo 1.4.7 install on a server with PHP 5.3.29 and getting the error message:

    "The source database connection details are not correct:"

    No additional details are provided. I have tried using credentials from multiple databases (including the database details for the Xenforo installation I am trying to import to). Also, tried to import from a few of the sources listed as options.

    All the code is trying to do at this point in the import is connect to the database:

    Code:
    ...
          $db->getConnection();
         }
         catch (Zend_Db_Exception $e)
         {
           echo "<pre>"; print_r($e); echo "</pre>";  // for debugging, 20 may 2015 ... print_r($e) doesn't really throw any useful error message
           $errors[] = new XenForo_Phrase('source_database_connection_details_not_correct_x', array('error' => $e->getMessage()));
         }
    ...
    
    Any suggestions on how to further debug?

    The only odd ball thing about this relative to other installation is the $host is a url (instead of localhost).

    $host = "mysql-6.example.com";
    $dbname = "DB_NAME";
    $username = "DP_USERNAME";
    $password = "DP_PASSWORD";

    For host I tried:

    mysql-6.example.com
    http://mysql-6.example.com
    localhost
    127.0.0.1
    http://127.0.0.1
    123.45.67.89
    http://123.45.67.89

    I *suspect* the hosting provider is silently blocking the connection. Have had previous issues with this host, CloudFlare was blocking some stuff (starting to rant here ... I'll stop)
     
  5. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Both databases/files should be on the same server.
     
  6. dwooding

    dwooding Member

    They are.
     
  7. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    The exception would be thrown by:
    Code:
    throw new Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception(mysqli_connect_error());
    Which is thus pulling the error directly from MySQL itself, which doesn't seem to be returning anything it seems. Unfortunately, it's difficult to suggest why this might be the case and without a more specific error message, anything is just guessing. The connection being blocked seems plausible though.
     

Share This Page