1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error "The source database connection details are not correct: MySQL server has gone away"

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by profumo, Sep 4, 2013.

1. profumo

profumo New Member

I want to try XenForo and see if it will import correctly my forum in phpbb3
    I tried to configure the importer using
    MySQL Server: myIp or myIp:8443

I receive the following error
    "The source database connection details are not correct: MySQL server has gone away"

Is the demo able to import? Or I need to something else as MySQL Server

Attached Files:

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The demo is unable to import data.
  3. profumo

profumo New Member

How can I try if it will be possible to import our forum without errors?

We will not purchase unless we are sure that it will work properly
  4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

There is no way. You would have to purchase a license and do a test import. Many people have been successful in importing data.

5. profumo

profumo New Member

it is quite a risk, in case of failure I shall have paid and have nothing. In case of problem in importing, are you going to give us technical assistance?

In case of the people who were unsuccessful with importing, what is your policy, do you refund?

If we enable you to access our forum, can you test beforehand that importing is possible and then if it is, we shall purchase the software?
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, there is support available for importing. I have yet to hear of a failed import. Importing from your board is possible.
  7. profumo

profumo New Member

can I contac you privetly and tell you IP, username, password, ecc.
  8. Slavik

Support is given to the importers. As of now, I am not aware of any bugs in the phpbb importer.

If you would like someone to do the import for you, there are a variety of people offering paid imports.
  9. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Really? I did a remote import once on the demo and it was successful.
  10. Slavik

So I just checked with Mike, and apparently we don't explicitly stop the import of data. There are just other limiting factors.