SOS! Errors On The Site

TheBigK

Errors on the site and all of a suddent I got an email from members that the site's showing database errors. On the front page (which runs xenporta) I got the regular 'unexpected error'. The /community/ however ran fine (note: /community/ is actually directed by XenPorta, XF resides in the root).

I quickly logged into adminCP and disabled xenporta. It brought the site back (but the forums continue to throw error). I therefore enabled xenfporta and since then getting following error on front page -

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/<snipped>/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Error.php at line 48
  6. XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 309
  7. XenForo_Application::handleException()

Update - I force reboot the server and it seems to be back. I've no way to know. My host says -

... the process that seems to trip up mysql: | 4 | DELAYED | localhost | _my_site's_db | Delayed insert | 6 | Waiting for INSERT |

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, that error is actually masking the real one.

It's likely an issue in XenPorta itself. You'd need to handle that with the author.

Your host's comment about that process tripping up MySQL isn't correct, but you can disable the delayed inserts in XF's options if you wish.

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, that error is actually masking the real one.

It's likely an issue in XenPorta itself. You'd need to handle that with the author.

Your host's comment about that process tripping up MySQL isn't correct, but you can disable the delayed inserts in XF's options if you wish.

Thank you for your reply, Mike. I disabled XenPorta; but the error (related to database) appeared up on the forum page. I'd believe that if the error was with XenPorta; it'd be gone with the addon-disabled.

Do you have any suggestions on ways to investigating the cause? The error popped up on site that's running fine without issues. I'm more concerned about the error appearing with no-one touching the server or software backend.

Well, if you're getting it consistently, then I can debug it if you submit a ticket with FTP details.

I'm not getting it constantly. Is there anything you'd like me to do if I get the error again?

Rebooting the server worked in my case and the host admin ran some repair operations [dumped mysql and did a report which fixed xf_session related issues]. The site's working fine now; and we're performing PHP+MySQL upgrade.

Well, since the real error is annoyingly being masked, it's hard to say. (I'm not sure why in some PHP setups I can't trap that second error - we do try. Maybe an issue with older PHP versions.)

Top Bottom