Lack of interest Sort order of forums within a category

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

MGSteve

Surely forums within a category should default to alphabetic order?

Otherwise you have to go through every forum and set a display order.

Surely there must be a better way to set the display order of forums within a category?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was just about to post a similar suggestion too.
I would like the ability from within the Admin CP > Node Tree to be able to quickly edit the display order of the forums, and then click save underneath. Maybe a text box next to each node with the value in?

Even better (technical problems aside...just thinking outside the box) would be a draggably sortable list.

Making it easy to do from the node tree gets a thumbs up from me, however that's accomplished.

(As an aside, you guys (@MGSteve and @Marcel) look like you were standing next to each other on a sunny day when you took your avatar pictures!)

(As an aside, you guys (@MGSteve and @Marcel) look like you were standing next to each other on a sunny day when you took your avatar pictures!)

heh they do, don't they.

I agree with the suggestion. There does need to be an option in the acp to display your forums either alphabetically or numerically.

Is there any mod that makes it so forums are defaulted into being sorted in alphabetical order? I actually really need this, now that I think about it.

I made this thread in Jan, I still don't know if it applies with the advent of 1.1, perhaps Brogan can dig around in the admin CP and have a check for us?

Top Bottom