1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Sort order of forums within a category

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by MGSteve, Jan 21, 2011.

1. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Surely forums within a category should default to alphabetic order?

Otherwise you have to go through every forum and set a display order.

Surely there must be a better way to set the display order of forums within a category?

faeronsayn and Peggy like this.
  2. Marcel

Marcel Active Member

I was just about to post a similar suggestion too.
    I would like the ability from within the Admin CP > Node Tree to be able to quickly edit the display order of the forums, and then click save underneath. Maybe a text box next to each node with the value in?

Even better (technical problems aside...just thinking outside the box) would be a draggably sortable list.

GofD and Peggy like this.
  3. GofD

GofD Well-Known Member

Making it easy to do from the node tree gets a thumbs up from me, however that's accomplished.

(As an aside, you guys (@MGSteve and @Marcel) look like you were standing next to each other on a sunny day when you took your avatar pictures!)

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

heh they do, don't they.

I agree with the suggestion. There does need to be an option in the acp to display your forums either alphabetically or numerically.

5. faeronsayn

faeronsayn Well-Known Member

Is there any mod that makes it so forums are defaulted into being sorted in alphabetical order? I actually really need this, now that I think about it.

6. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

I made this thread in Jan, I still don't know if it applies with the advent of 1.1, perhaps Brogan can dig around in the admin CP and have a check for us?