sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

@sonnb heya there,

In terms of bugs, since some time ago the Criteria for trophies and such that exists for when the user sets its profile cover. I have tested, rebuilt my caches and such, is that fixed on last update? I couldn't check.
I have just checked and it works. But you can correct me if I am wrong.

When uploading these buttons seem in an odd order.

You always have to upload first before you save, so it seems to make more sense if the 'Upload Photos' button comes before the 'Save button'

upload_2016-9-12_21-12-23.webp

I'm using BD Widgets to put a carousel on the forum index, all the video thumnails are broken though.

They seem fine when viewed in the gallery though.

I've tried rebuilding the thumnails, but that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

upload_2016-9-13_16-27-38.webp

I noticed when I rebuild the thumbnails, any images that have been rotated in XenGallery get reverted to their original rotated state.

Is this a bug?

How do you guys find the data to add new camera data to the system?

I have the latest version installed, but the latest iPhone it detects is the 5S. It seems the GoPro section might need some love too.

Hi, I've got a few questions about the add-on.

1) Can infinite scrolling be switched off?
2) Are there any other layout options apart from a masonry layout, i.e. can I display photos in a fixed-size grid with each photo cropped to be the same height?
3) If I purchase the add-on, can I buy the copyright removal at a later date?

Thanks.

Last edited:
When uploading these buttons seem in an odd order.

You always have to upload first before you save, so it seems to make more sense if the 'Upload Photos' button comes before the 'Save button'

View attachment 140663
Done locally.

Is there a way to show simply all the most recent media on the gallery index? A mix of pictures and videos?
We need a new page. For now only one a time.

I'm using BD Widgets to put a carousel on the forum index, all the video thumnails are broken though.

They seem fine when viewed in the gallery though.

I've tried rebuilding the thumnails, but that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

View attachment 140693
I believe I have answered your question on sonnb.com

I noticed when I rebuild the thumbnails, any images that have been rotated in XenGallery get reverted to their original rotated state.

Is this a bug?
I afraid this is the expected result. The rebuild processes based on the original photo. It is unable to track through all the rotating histories. Furthermore, I believe by doing that, it is what it is: rebuild.

How do you guys find the data to add new camera data to the system?

I have the latest version installed, but the latest iPhone it detects is the 5S. It seems the GoPro section might need some love too.

Anyone else having issues with facebook video embeds appearing uncentered and got a fix?

Hi, I've got a few questions about the add-on.

1) Can infinite scrolling be switched off?
2) Are there any other layout options apart from a masonry layout, i.e. can I display photos in a fixed-size grid with each photo cropped to be the same height?
3) If I purchase the add-on, can I buy the copyright removal at a later date?

Thanks.
Hello,

1. Yes. It is just an option. Enable/Disable by a click.
upload_2016-10-1_17-43-49.webp

2. Yes, there is an option for this:
upload_2016-10-1_17-44-8.webp
3. You can do that by just PM/email me. For now the purchase add-on does not support it.

Hi, does the gallery page have any type of sidebar? Or can the links like "Categories", "Explore" etc. only be displayed in the Navbar?

Would it be possible and feasible with this addon to create one gallery for each user and have only him or her have permission to post photos and stuff in there?

Would it be possible and feasible with this addon to create one gallery for each user and have only him or her have permission to post photos and stuff in there?
Yes of course. He can create his own albums in which he can fully control who are able to view/comment/upload and download photos/videos in these album.
Hi, does the gallery page have any type of sidebar? Or can the links like "Categories", "Explore" etc. only be displayed in the Navbar?
Yes, it has the Widget Framework integration. You can put wherever you want.

How do you guys guide the content discovery in this gallery add on for your users? Especially seeing as there's no combined video and photo 'New Media' page.

I've only just realised that there's no alerts with this add on for un viewed new content, as there is in XFMG. As such, there's no real CTA for the frequent site visitors to check the gallery when new content is posted.

Due to the permissions included and the possibility of unique values for many users, this could be resource intensive on large sites. But I think it could highly valuable and quite necessary for driving user engagement of newly submitted media, unless anyone has any other ideas for enhancing new content discovery?

My original post on SonnB's site here

upload_2016-10-11_22-25-24.webp

Hello, I am using the latest version and I have a problem that was reported here but solved with latest updateds. Some images are not visible. I added about 10 albums and everything was fine, then I added the watermark option and after that a few photos ar visible, other are not.
missing-photo.webp

another problem it seems that custom fields are not ordered in the way I set.

Hey all ... I've been searching endlessly for the answer to this, so if it's been posted, my apologies for not finding it in search.

I have a licensed copy of XenGallery and love it, it really adds a great deal of flare and personalization to our site and for our members. What they've been asking though is for a button in the WYSIWYG editor to insert albums or album images. I know that the BBCode exists, but I read somewhere that there was a button that would open a small window to choose your album/image to insert directly into a forum post and/or signature.

If this is so, what is/are the Xenforo editors that are compatible with such a function.

Thanks!

Yep, I edited the font awesome icons to better reflect the insert an 'album' and insert a 'photo' function.

It's all core functionality :)

upload_2016-10-19_22-57-19.webp

Top Bottom