sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

So I am considering buying this....but it really depends on how it replaces some of my key features on my site. One of them is what we call Plogs or Painting Logs. These are a thread created by a user in a which they post their pictures, and members feed back, give them advice etc. It is not so much a static showcase (which we do have also) but a working thread as people progress painting their models.

Looking at your add-on in context I think more likely that a user album would equal one of these threads. So my main questions would be:
  • Can you limit user albums, like one per user? Would I be able to create a master category called painting logs, in which a member could have one album which is effectively their painting log?
  • Can you have discussions on an album, pretty much like how Resources works. In face I did consider Resources at one point but is severely lacks the additional functions for the pictures. Ideally it would be good for Members's to be able to start off with pictures, and then add new ones later which allows them to also post an update (again like Resources). Other Member's can then either reply back to the album discussion or make comments directly on pictures like the current functionality.
  • Option to exclude / promote showcase. I see their is an option to showcase latest pictures on the main forum (option for widget as well?) etc, however many of the pictures we have are work-in-progress which members post in their painting logs. Ideally it would be good to choose which images are showcased.
  • Picture competition :) I would really like a picture competition that utilises XF poll function as well as some other requirements. I would be happy to help provide a functional specification if you like.
  • Finally....as this is more of a would be nice.....an option to convert exist threads to the above mentioned albums with discussions if it was possible.
Cheers

DoN
Hello DoN,

1. You can limit per user/usergroup. But you cannot limit per category.
2. We already have comment system so no, we do not have discussion.
3. We have collections so you can add any album/photo/video to a collection then show them using Widget (Widget Framework).
4. Photo contest will be available in next major release.
5. Yes, XenGallery does have an importer to import entire forums to albums. Or with permission, user can import their own any individual thread to an album.

Since Sitemap will officially available in 1.4, XenGallery will be targeted to that version.

Thank you for all of the hard work that you've done. Just last week I migrated over a vb4 site with almost 5,000 albums and almost everything redirects without a hitch and the members love the new Gallery!

Another problem ist this error:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: GPSLatitudeRef - library/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Photo.php:374

Is there a reason I can't drag n' drop images to upload? Does this really only allow single image at a time via a browse window?

Does this gallery do anything with members attachments in posts as I have found having a gallery seems to split the two. You then find some of the members just using upload attachments and other using the gallery. I really want all my images handled in one manner on my PhotographTalk forum

I know this is completely on me but I just purchased this a couple of days ago and it was working great. Upgraded to 1.4 today and now can't upload photos. The upload button does nothing. Any timeline if any when this may be updated for 1.4?

Top Bottom