sonnb - Profanity Filter

sonnb - Profanity Filter 1.2.0

No permission to download
Hi @sonnb - A noob question: I am using the profanity filter on a test XF 1.5 board, but it's not doing anything. I wanted to set it up to replace profane words in my add-on list with asterisks, but no replacement happens, and the words are still visible to everyone. Do I have the settings correct?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 9.40.22 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 9.40.22 PM.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 9.40.51 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 9.40.51 PM.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
Hi @sonnb - A noob question: I am using the profanity filter on a test XF 1.5 board, but it's not doing anything. I wanted to set it up to replace profane words in my add-on list with asterisks, but no replacement happens, and the words are still visible to everyone. Do I have the settings correct?
What about the permission? Make sure your usergroup is not allowed to bypass the filtering.

Version 1.1.2 is not working well with XF 1.5.6 on my test site — I have version 1.0.4 on another site that is working fine. Can I downgrade the test site’s version from 1.1.2 to 1.0.4?

I'm unsure this is working either...the permissions don't seem to take effect, regardless of how they are set.

I was really looking forward to this plugin, but it seems it doesn't work anymore
I tried to post but got a (Please enter a valid message) error (even without profanity), and when I disabled it, posted something, then re-enabled it, the post I made is completely blank :(

Have just gone live on XF today, and this addon is causing all of our posts to disappear completely. Although when editing, or quoting, the content appears. How would I fix this or get support for this?

Top Bottom