• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Something Strange

Cambion

Idk where to post this at so forgive me

But....how come now I can't view the buttons in the post box? Like the editors for color and Bold, Italic, underline, etc etc.

I just get the plain text posting box. this happened as of today. Does it have anything to do with Xenforo 1.4.2?

I use Internet Explorer 11(shush lol) as my main browser.

To investigate, I unfortunately downloaded Crap Chrome and I can see the buttons fine but not in IE 11. I want to know can I bring them back?

If this is 1.4.2 related, I may hold off on updating it...or is it just something I can fix in my settings

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's been running here for a few days like that, but if your browser is identifying as IEMobile, the rich text editor has been disabled due to issues relating to cursor management (Windows Phone).

Cambion

It's been running here for a few days like that, but if your browser is identifying as IEMobile, the rich text editor has been disabled due to issues relating to cursor management (Windows Phone).
Well as I am a Windows Phone user, I am always glad to see it getting some attention since it is not as popular as Android/IOS.

Thanks for the reply.
I am using a Surface Pro tablet...however I am using desktop IE 11 not the Metro version...I am surprised it registers as mobile :/
But no big deal! Thanks :)

Cambion

What's the user agent come up as? http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

Also, can you select words and move the cursor around in the rich text editor via touch? (can't test that here obviously)
on that site you linked me? Or should I try it on my own XF forum(Pre 1.4.2).

On that site, I can use touch fine to select text.

on my XF 1.4.0 site, I can use touch just fine as well to select text and what not(though I rarely ever actually use touch to move my cursor around).

The useragent I got now is
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0) like Gecko