Something is very wrong....

Hmm.. any extensions you have that might be interfering? Usually would show up in console, this is pretty odd.

When you said no extensions interfering, do you mean none actually installed? Ad blocker type addons always break sites for me (they block WAY more than just ads... like JavaScript in some cases).

It seems my JS has pooped out, or something has pooped out, on my browser. I'm having to click on the alerts and inbox dropdowns to view them, and thing like the tooltips on the forum descriptions aren't popping up...
This seems to only be happening on xenforo forums.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :notworthy:
Something is wrong to my site as well and it just reminds me of this. My Chrome version is 25.0.1364.152
Do you happen to use Google DFP to run your ads? It seems something has change in Webkit latest version that cause lot of errors with Xenforo JS
After google a bit, I only found this issue mentioned here
http://ipsec.pl/node/1094

Something is wrong to my site as well and it just reminds me of this. My Chrome version is 25.0.1364.152
Do you happen to use Google DFP to run your ads? It seems something has change in Webkit latest version that cause lot of errors with Xenforo JS
What is the advantage of using Google DFP ?

When you said no extensions interfering, do you mean none actually installed? Ad blocker type addons always break sites for me (they block WAY more than just ads... like JavaScript in some cases).
None installed, correct :)
Have you tested if the jquery mouse events are firing correctly outside of xenforo?
How would one test that... :whistle:
No, not familiar with that.

Confirmed from one of my users:

...sorry to bother you via e-mail, but I am having problems posting at SM. Have had this prob for a few days now...I thought it might self rectify but to now avail. Whenever I place my mouse cursor over a start thread text box, reply to thread text box, or start a conversation text box - the text box disappears, and I can't enter any text to start or reply threads or conversations. I think this issue arose after the last lot of server maintenance....I'm not sure if others may be experiencing the same problem.

I can input text to shoutbox ok...but that's it.

Bumping this up, because it's still not working for me. Alerts dropdown is not working and all those dropdowns. Even the RSS icons are bugged(on the index page)!

Bumping this up, because it's still not working for me. Alerts dropdown is not working and all those dropdowns. Even the RSS icons are bugged(on the index page)!
I can't confirm this issue. I'm using both Firefox and Chrome

But I'm willing to try to help you....

Let me get this straight...... You can't do this?

Capture.webp

Try to put the following into your config.php:

Code:
$config['javaScriptUrl']  = 'http://YOUR-XF-DOMAIN-AND-PATH/js';

I can do that, but to do so I must click on the "Alerts" tab
As this isn't in the support forum.... I'm assuming this has to do with here as well (and not about your site).

So you can't do the "hover pop-out" ... ie... mouse over effect isn't working.

But you can confirm that it works in Internet Explorer and Firefox, so this does bring it down to a Google Chrome thing.... OK.

The good news, is I think I can help you fix this.

The bad news, you're going need to remove Google (Not just Chrome, but any other Google program you have.... Google likes to integrate files in the same folders & you're going to be deleting them).

1st Open a new browser (Not Chrome) so you can follow along this.
Next uninstall Google using their uninstaller (Chrome, Earth, Talk, ect.... If it's Google made, get rid of it).

Still liking Chrome? lol :X3:

OK, next.... Time to delete a few things...

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Google
C:\Users\USER\AppData\LocalGoogle

Double check.....

C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
C:\Program Files

Make sure you've got no Google there.

Open up your favorite cleaner (I suggest ccleaner) and remove any junk files (check everything in both tabs except for saved passwords, bookmarks, and wipe free space).

Now open up your favorite reg cleaner and remove all the junk. ccleaner has a reg cleaner in it.

Reboot.

Re-run the ccleaner and again, make sure there is no junk files or in your reg.

You've basically done a "full un-install".

Now download and install Chrome, but the Developer Version. The point of this is you want a fresh copy & be sure that you have the latest version.

https://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=devchannel

This should resolve it. If not.... You have something else on your computer (non-Google) that is having an issue.

While Adams suggestion looks like a good one to me, before you go to that length, have you checked for plugins causing it? (not extensions) type chrome : plugins into the address bar to view them, you can disable from there and test.

• Go to Chrome's settings -> advanced settings -> Clear browsing data...
    • Select "the beginning of time" and check off everything but saved passwords
  • Go to Chrome's settings -> advanced settings -> Content settings...
    • Ensure you have not selected "Do not allow any site to run JavaScript". If you have, unselect it, or update your exceptions.
Once the above is done, try visiting the page again.

While Adams suggestion looks like a good one to me, before you go to that length, have you checked for plugins causing it? (not extensions) type chrome : plugins into the address bar to view them, you can disable from there and test.
As I've said before there are no plugins installed.

Currently working on adam's suggestion, then if not I will make sure I do Jason's :)

WOO! Big thank you Adam, everything is back to normal :)
I figured it was likely another one of Google's products (they integrate easily with one another) or there was some kind of cache issue or setting issue somewhere.

Glad I could be of help. :)

(If you re-install any other Google products and notice the issue returns... It could be a bug with one of their programs and needs to be reported).

Top Bottom