Someone was busy over on TAZ

LOL

I am sure there will be a lot of interest from the vB world, especially since the latest "merger" announcement.

But I also see a lot of new to forum owners just falling in love with the beautiful and very intuitive software.

And let's face it.. who could resist the dashing Mr Darby ;)

Funny, just the last commandment I do not completely agree with. I think they've hidden a lot of non-useful things and the useful things are more notable because of that.

OH I didn't even read this part..

• I shall liberate you from the yoke of vB4
  • You shall buy xenforo in a IB style presale
  • You shall not use HTML tables for styling
  • You shall use semantic HTML for styling
  • You shall use CSS and XHTML instead of HTML wherever possible
  • You shall use javascript and animations everywhere
  • You shall not use post icons
  • You shall give likes instead of rep points
  • You shall replace private messages with private threads
  • You shall hide away all useful forum features to give it a clean look

I don't like 2 nor 10 :p and one is not relevant to me personally

OH I didn't even read this part..

• I shall liberate you from the yoke of vB4
  • You shall buy xenforo in a IB style presale
  • You shall use javascript and animations everywhere
  • You shall not use post icons
  • You shall give likes instead of rep points
  • You shall replace private messages with private threads
  • You shall hide away all useful forum features to give it a clean look
I don't like 2 nor 10 :p and one is not relevant to me personally
HTML5 isn't XHTML, shows how much they know!

These could be substituted with just one: "You shall use semantic markup".

But that would cut down the list to 8 points and The Eight Commandments doesn't sound as good as The Ten Commandments. Not to mention you need to have a [multiple of 5] list to grab a user's attention these days. ;)

wasntme-sign.gif

Man, people really do not get it that software doesn't have to be all bulked up with useless crap to be excellent. I wonder how many of them are still dragging around a cell phone the size of a brick.
Brick cell phones have their uses, mostly as a weapon for people who suggest countless features that only bloat software :D.

LOL - We've been running that mod for so long I forgot it was in place. Did it work? :)

It still works. I forogot my password last night and was unable to log in for a while and remembered it thankfully but the mod certainly works and doesn't allow guest viewing after a certain amount of views.

Brick cell phones have their uses, mostly as a weapon for people who suggest countless features that only bloat software :D.
Weren't the old brick cell phones analog? They can't be used for anything other than a weapon or a doorstop.

And to the thread about the 10 Commandments.
Sure people will be leaving vB but there are plenty of people happy or just being lazy.
Those with vB3 sites really have no need to replace it. My v3 site works fine even with the default skin.
Main reason I want to move is I don't want to be faced being forced to update to v4 for security reasons.
My v4 site will just have to wait for xF to become a bit more mature and to see what addons become available.

I hope to have a new site that starts from scratch. This would be a good opportunity. :)

Top Bottom