XF 1.1 Some questions about the staff sections ( Mods and Admins )

Learner

I have migrated from vB and there it was a staff section ( I have created one of those and set permissions on nodes etc ) but the reported posts or threads were posted there automatically.. ( I have tried to use report threads or posts as thread ) and its ok for now.

I am in process of finalizing my forum so would like further help.
I want some more clarifications on the points mentioned..

Specifically users who log on using the same IP, that is not being reported ( despite using the duplicate IP addon ) I also want to set up a Bazaar section or a market section on my forum as the users I want to invite are all used to that and that is a major revenue generator.

I will be posting more stuff and questions, but I must really congratulate the developers and the staff herre.. I am in love with this..
Considering me being admin and a mod on many forums and all but one of Xenforo.. :D

First of all, try to think. Is it really necessary for reported posts to be displayed in a forum?

If you've moved from vBulletin then this will be familiar to you, but try to embrace change, if possible. Reported posts are highlighted at the top of every page if you're a moderator or admin. Why would you need more than that? The system has built in functions for claiming a report, commenting on a report etc. Better than any thread/forum system!

That being said, if you absolutely must have it then there is an add-on here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/create-thread-on-reported-content.714/

XenForo doesn't automatically notify you if user's are using duplicate IPs. The options are there to find them if you need to, but they aren't automatically reported.

What is a Bazaar section and how do you want it to function? Should it only be accessible to certain people?

Thanks a TON @Yorick, I am grateful toyou for replying, I already statd that my reported threads and posts are not much of a concern, the duplicate IP is a bigger concern, vB used to inform us all the time if a single user is sharing his or her ip or that ip was being duplicaed..
I have already added the addon, create thread on reported content,
I want to know as an admin if a user has multiple ID's and is trying to dupe fellow members.
First of all, try to think. Is it really necessary for reported posts to be displayed in a forum?
As for Bazaar section, it is a simple marketplace, where I as an admin make a template to be filled by the fellow member and seller and if the details are not filled in, then he or she can't go forward !! and post that thread !! besides that, I will be having a dedicated market section moderator after such unscrupulous members !!!

If you've moved from vBulletin then this will be familiar to you, but try to embrace change, if possible. Reported posts are highlighted at the top of every page if you're a moderator or admin. Why would you need more than that? The system has built in functions for claiming a report, commenting on a report etc. Better than any thread/forum system!

That being said, if you absolutely must have it then there is an add-on here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/create-thread-on-reported-content.714/

XenForo doesn't automatically notify you if user's are using duplicate IPs. The options are there to find them if you need to, but they aren't automatically reported.

What is a Bazaar section and how do you want it to function? Should it only be accessible to certain people?

Admin CP -> Users -> Search for Users

Find the user that you suspect of having multiple accounts. On their profile page is an IP Addresses tab that will look for other users with the same IP.

Top Bottom