[SolidMean] ForumBackup

[SolidMean] ForumBackup 1.3.01

No permission to download
Hey @SneakyDave

just migrated to another server and the forumbackup options page gives this error,

Code:
An exception occurred: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/library/SolidMean/ForumBackup/Listener/Template.php on line 46

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in SolidMean/ForumBackup/Listener/Template.php at line 46
SolidMean_ForumBackup_Listener_Template::_orphanConfigsExist() in SolidMean/ForumBackup/Listener/Template.php at line 30
SolidMean_ForumBackup_Listener_Template::templatePostRender() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 205
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 140
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 662
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 176
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/admin.php at line 13

any idea? Thanks.

Understandable. In lieu of this, would it be possible to still do the Google Drive add-on for your current version in the interim?

Ray
lol. I'd love to, but not having time is equally shared whether it is XF1 or XF2. I'd love to get the google addon working myself, but at the time I got frustrated with it, they were changing the API, and I got so frustrated that I swore I'd never look at it again.

Yeah, this is the other main addon that I don't have on XF2. I guess we will have to find another backup solution, preferably something that will offload those backups somewhere.

Is it possible to run an add-on to turn a board off at a certain time and back on say 30minutes later and at the same time run a daily cron job to back the database up to a directory on the server?

I had an instance this morning where my server never came out of maintenance mode. I checked debug log, nothing. I did get a server error this morning related to SMTP command timeout. It was an email to me, likely the database backup email. Any idea why this might have happened or how to prevent that?

If you choose to close your forum for maintenance during the backup, any interruption of the backup will cause it to stay in maintenance mode. One of the last steps of the backup is to re-open the forum, so if that task isn't reached, then the forum stays closed until you manually reopen it.

As far as why you received an SMTP time out on the email, I wouldn't have any idea, but any server error is what probably broke the task from completing.

If you choose to close your forum for maintenance during the backup, any interruption of the backup will cause it to stay in maintenance mode. One of the last steps of the backup is to re-open the forum, so if that task isn't reached, then the forum stays closed until you manually reopen it.

As far as why you received an SMTP time out on the email, I wouldn't have any idea, but any server error is what probably broke the task from completing.
I had a bunch that might be why. But a simple email notification failure seems like a bad reason not to reopen the site? Was notified the site was down all day as I was away from my phone during that time.

If it's a server error, the task ends, it doesn't matter if it's a connection issue, database failure, or SMTP faure. I don't think those can be trapped and identified individually

Hmm, I just installed this to give it a try. Code backups were taking forever because we have a huge amount of image/cache files and it was timing out.

I decided to try excluding caches, etc. but it's still timing out. BTW, database backups also time out but they do finish somehow.

What's the best suggested max_execution_time in PHP settings to usher this along? We are on our own dedicated servers, btw.

Thanks,
Ray

P.S. I'm shocked this is free. Do you accept donations or something of the sort?

Hmm, I just installed this to give it a try. Code backups were taking forever because we have a huge amount of image/cache files and it was timing out.

I decided to try excluding caches, etc. but it's still timing out. BTW, database backups also time out but they do finish somehow.

What's the best suggested max_execution_time in PHP settings to usher this along? We are on our own dedicated servers, btw.

Thanks,
Ray

P.S. I'm shocked this is free. Do you accept donations or something of the sort?
IIRC, depending on your webserver, it may have a script execution timeout, as well as the php max_execution_time limit.

All of that is dependent on your host and how your server is configured. I wouldn't have any idea what the optimal settings are for your instance.

If you have a very large database, you may want to look into other backup solutions.

I am trying to install this on an XF 1.3.1 forum, get this error during the installation:

Fatal error: Can't use method return value in write context in /home/tsoff/public_html/library/SolidMean/ForumBackup/Listener/Template.php on line 43

The CRON entry is created, but the "Forum Backup" options don't show up in the options.

Any suggestions before I resume making my backups the old fashioned way?

Hmmmm. I'll have to do an install if XF 1.3 to track that down. Could be due to incompatibility with something. It'll take me a couple days to duplicate and track it down.

What version of php are you using? If you are on shared hosting, I'd suggest that you use an alternative method.

Edit: I suspect you are using a php version less than 5.5. I suggest you find a way to upgrade it. I'll contact you in a message if there's a code work around that I find.

Thanks,
Ray

Yes he does accept donations: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4JW8H4UXQAY9N

Top Bottom