• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Social

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a little play in firebug

.sidebar {
-moz-background-clip:border;
-moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
-moz-background-origin:padding;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft:10px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomright:10px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft:10px;
-moz-border-radius-topright:10px;
background:rgba(58, 88, 128, 0.1) none repeat scroll 0 0;
border:1px solid rgba(58, 88, 128, 0.2);
float:right;
font-size:11px;
margin-top:10px;
max-width:250px;
width:250px;
}

The top block itself it just set with

EWRporta_Portal .topBlocks {
clear:both;
float:none;
width:auto;
}

I think the max-width it's inheriting from the sidebar is what's doing it. If I increase this the block width increases.

Anyone running the XenPorta addon my be having some issues with the home page main blocks displaying incorrectly. If so here is the fix or you can also download the RC2 package in the original post.

Here is the fix.

In the style properties for Social navigate to the sidebar property, in the property @sidebar there is a miscellaneous text field, delete max-width: 250px;, then save.

In the EXTRA.css for Social add this code to the top of the page:

Code:
/*--- XenPorta CHANGES ---*/

.EWRporta_Portal .section:first-child
{
    margin: 5px 5px 10px !important;
}

Style Updated to xenForo RC3

Version - 1.06 (02-23-2011)

• Moved almost all template edits to the EXTRA.css template making it easier to update the style.
  • Some minor tab:hover changes.

Thanks!

What's the best way to upgrade a style? Is it just a case of copying the files or does the XML need reinstalling?

Make note of any template edits you have made (addons and such) then import the social xml overwriting your current version. Remember overwriting a style with a newer version will cause you to lose any template edits you have done.

It would be best to rename your current Social style to something like Social-Old and then import the new version and apply any template edits you may have done for any addons to the new style.

Cheers

What I've done is overwritten the old version with the latest and created a child of it called Social-mysite which is where I'm doing all the changes from now on. If I then overwrite the parent style the next time you update it, what would happen to my child style?

That is the best way to do it. The child style will not change but it takes on the newly updated parent style templates.

Is there anyway to remove the facebook like button from the homepage only? Cause i have added a facebook like box instead!

Open template sidebar_share_page

Find:

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookLike}">
                    <div class="facebookLike shareControl">
                        <xen:container var="$facebookSdk">1</xen:container>
                        <fb:like href="{$url}" layout="button_count" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
                    </div>
                </xen:if>

Replace with:
HTML:
              <xen:comment>
               <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookLike}">
                    <div class="facebookLike shareControl">
                        <xen:container var="$facebookSdk">1</xen:container>
                        <fb:like href="{$url}" layout="button_count" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
                    </div>
                </xen:if>
               </xen:comment>

Any chance you can send me the code for just form.css. That seems to be the only template that needs to be reverted for me.

When used with XenPorta the subheadings colour now clashes with the background (blue on blue).

I tried changing it in the style properties but it didn't seem to fix it.

Any chance you can send me the code for just form.css. That seems to be the only template that needs to be reverted for me.

The only change in the form.css I made was this.
Code:
.button.primary
{
    background-color: @secondaryLightest;
}
Revert form.css then update that class with the above code.

When used with XenPorta the subheadings colour now clashes with the background (blue on blue).

I tried changing it in the style properties but it didn't seem to fix it.

Hmm..Did you revert any templates? Reason I ask is my test sites are not showing that issue with the heading "color", and things look out of place with the heading also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom