• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Social

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. The snow shows up. The recent status still not show up. The tamplate hook seem not function well.

I think my site better rename to SOCIAL. The site logo best to the theme and my passion of a social chatting site.

I don't suppose you have a list of the template edits you made to make this compatable with b4? It'd probably be easier to do those than to figure out what I have to do to update everything again :P

No sorry I do not have a list. A lot of the templates had to be reverted and customized again. If you are saying all your addons require template edits then rename your current install of the Social style and import the beta 4 version as a new style. Then you can go through and test things as you go, adding code to whatever templates require it.

In forum_list template,

In side bar section, delete:
Code:
    <xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

<xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />

<div class="section">
        <div class="secondaryContent statsList" id="boardStats">
            <h3>{xen:phrase forum_statistics}</h3>
            <div class="pairsJustified">
                <dl class="discussionCount"><dt>{xen:phrase discussions}:</dt>
                    <dd>{xen:number $boardTotals.discussions}</dd></dl>
                <dl class="messageCount"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt>
                    <dd>{xen:number $boardTotals.messages}</dd></dl>
                <dl class="memberCount"><dt>{xen:phrase members}:</dt>
                    <dd>{xen:number $boardTotals.users}</dd></dl>
                <dl><dt>{xen:phrase latest_member}:</dt>
                    <dd><a href="{xen:link members, $boardTotals.latestUser}" class="username">{$boardTotals.latestUser.username}</a></dd></dl>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

Replace with:
Code:
<xen:hook name="forum_list_sidebar">
		<xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />
		<!-- block: forum_stats -->
		<div class="section">
			<div class="secondaryContent statsList" id="boardStats">
				<h3>{xen:phrase forum_statistics}</h3>
				<div class="pairsJustified">
					<dl class="discussionCount"><dt>{xen:phrase discussions}:</dt>
						<dd>{xen:number $boardTotals.discussions}</dd></dl>
					<dl class="messageCount"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt>
						<dd>{xen:number $boardTotals.messages}</dd></dl>
					<dl class="memberCount"><dt>{xen:phrase members}:</dt>
						<dd>{xen:number $boardTotals.users}</dd></dl>
					<dl><dt>{xen:phrase latest_member}:</dt>
						<dd><xen:username user="$boardTotals.latestUser" /></dd></dl>
					<!-- slot: forum_stats_extra -->
				</div>
			</div>
		</div>
		<!-- end block: forum_stats -->
	</xen:hook>
The side bar is same as default theme now.

Thanks, I guess that template also needed reverted.

Just revert the template and all should be ok. Only thing that seemed missing was the hook for forum_list_sidebar

Style updated.

it's really nice
smile.png

how can i change the font color here:
N5Z

cause you can hardly see them :S I need "Your name or email address" & "Do you already have an account?" to be kinda more visible :(

Good point. This is one reason why I have every style as a child of the default style. This way I make my edits to the default and they trickle down through the rest.

What version were you on when you loaded this the first time? With mine it was sitting at ../styles/social and the new ones are at ../styles/skinden/social so I didn't have to overwrite anything.

well, i actually uploaded the new version to /styles/social (as the upgrade instructions say)
Though i only uploaded 2 pictures
then imported the xml through the upgrade menu

The last few xF updates had a fair amount of changes to the style properties. Do as Edrondol says and import the style as a child of the default and try that way. I will be upload the RC1 version here in a few hours.

Been trying to make it so updating is easy by using the EXTRA.css for all the custom changes but it seems not everything works that way. This happens anytime you run a custom style when upgrading the software. You can also rename the style when importing so you do not overwrite your current one and losing all your edits. Then you can transfer your template edits over to the new one.

The last few xF updates had a fair amount of changes to the style properties. Do as Edrondol says and import the style as a child of the default and try that way. I will be upload the RC1 version here in a few hours.

Been trying to make it so updating is easy by using the EXTRA.css for all the custom changes but it seems not everything works that way. This happens anytime you run a custom style when upgrading the software. You can also rename the style when importing so you do not overwrite your current one and losing all your edits. Then you can transfer your template edits over to the new one.

1) I have deleted the default theme
2) Buddy is there anyway to upgrade without losing the template edits? I have 35 template edits, takes me like 2 hours to do them :( :(

There really is no need to delete the default theme as you can hide from public view but that really is not going to help the situation.

No there really is not a way to upgrade the style without losing your template edits besides how I described above, importing the style under a new name and copying the edits over. Like I said I have been trying my best to keep all of the customizations in the EXTRA.css but some things just don't work out correctly. This is one of the bad things about running Beta/RC software on a live site with custom mods and such because of the numerous updates coming out.

Well i can do the child thing, and instead of using the Default theme (since anyway the mods are not applied there) , i can use the Beta 6 Social and import RC1 Social as child of Beta 6 Social..
Would that work?

Never tested it but I don't think that is your best way of doing it as Beta6 has older outdated templates.

You can try and update the style yourself by going to ACP -> Styles -> Left Hand Side "Outdated Template"

There you will see what templates are outdated. Then compare those to the default templates along with your own template edits. Your problem with the login panel seems to be from a even older version of my style as I remember others having problems with it. How have you previously been updating the style?

yea i have updated the style... i am using it since beta 4 i think or what was it....

though i updated the outdated templates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom