Fixed Social Symbols disappearing in Edge

-chris-

Affected version
2.20 Beta 2
2.20 Beta 2: In Edge, current version (84.0.522.52, Windows 10), the "social symbols" disappear. After a refresh of the page they appear briefly and then disappear again:

Edge.png

This behavior is only seen in Edge, in Chrome or Firefox the icons are visible:

firefox.png

Addition:
If you click on the share icon in Edge, a Window appears where you might be forced to load an app from the Windows store:

edge2.webp

Maybe you can work around this behavior?

-chris-

Last edited:
If you are using an ad blocker please try disabling to check.
No, I don't use an adblocker and haven't changed the default settings of Edge. In addition, I tried to disable the "tracking prevention" in Edge.

I don't remember observing this behavior in Beta 1, but I may be wrong. 2.1 does not seem to be affected, as you can see here when you scroll down, for example:

xenforo.com is affected, I think they run the Beta too.

lg,
Chris

Last edited:
Is this not intended behaviour with the web share API?

I guess it displays the icons by default, checks for web share API support after the more important stuff has been loaded which Edge appears to have and instead switches to the new native sharing as seen in 2.2.0 update.

On desktop this ends up providing terrible user experience because you need to have Windows store edition of apps for the supported platforms. The integrated share component on Windows 10 is just terrible in most use cases.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 3).

Change log:
Ensure that the web share API is only exposed to iOS and Android devices.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom