Social Status Updater [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just need you to go back to this page you posted earlier https://dev.twitter.com/apps/3306033/show

And then send me the screenshots of the settings so I can see if things are set up right.

It's up to you, but if you want you could even PM me the Twitter account login details and you could set me up as an admin on your site and I could check it all out for you.

I'm struggling getting this add-on to work on my XenForo platform. Me and Chris have been doing some testing and still it's not working like it should. I have tried various setups. In theory it should be very easy to configure the settings but I might have overlooked something here. A dedicated Facebook App has been created and the App ID and secrect has gone into the Social Status Update options page. One thing I have started to wonder a bit about is wether both Facebook and Twitter must be properly configured at the same time for the add-on to work at all?

Has it been straight forward for everybody else?

I got mine set up without an issue. I had one running without the other, so I know it doesn't take both to have it work correctly.

I got mine set up without an issue. I had one running without the other, so I know it doesn't take both to have it work correctly.
Thanks for the info!

After I pressed the link "Link your Facebook account" the same link says "Unlink your Facebook account", which seems like normal. When I verify my Facebook account I can see the dedicated App for Social Status Update, in my App List.

But when I am about to make a status update I don't have the checkboxes for FB or Twitter. This is where I am right now.

Yep, as already stated they do work independently of each other, as designed. It wouldn't be a very good system if it required both :p

Unfortunately, fredrikse there's something unique about your setup.

The only thing I can think of is the fact you're currently testing via a sub-domain...

I know you've got your Facebook application set up ok and it takes into account the sub-domain, but try this:

Leave the "App Domains" field blank in the Facebook Application setup, and change your Site URL to be the current sub-domain you're using.

I really don't know what so unique. The only thing I can think of is that my site currently is protected with .htaccess but this time I removed it and I still didn't get the linking to work, unfortunately. There must be someone else here that has implemented this add-on in a development environment with a sub-domain configured?

I really don't know what so unique. The only thing I can think of is that my site currently is protected with .htaccess but this time I removed it and I still didn't get the linking to work, unfortunately. There must be someone else here that has implemented this add-on in a development environment with a sub-domain configured?
Maybe, but no one else has had any problems so it's just you.

Have you done as I suggested?

I did as you suggested, but I got the same result. I even restored one of my very very early backups of a clean installation of just XenForo. Still no luck after installing the add-on on top of that without the .htaccess file in use. It would be really interesting to see the result from someone else configuring this add-on in XenForo running on a sub-domain.

I guess I will just have to postpone the implementation since I can't get it to work for now.

I did as you suggested, but I got the same result. I even restored one of my very very early backups of a clean installation of just XenForo. Still no luck after installing the add-on on top of that without the .htaccess file in use. It would be really interesting to see the result from someone else configuring this add-on in XenForo running on a sub-domain.

I guess I will just have to postpone the implementation since I can't get it to work for now.

Are you always going to be running your site on a sub-domain?

Also, I forgot to ask sooner, are you definitely running the latest version of the add-on?

I can test this in a subdomain, actually.

I have a dev site. Will let you know.

Also, I forgot to ask sooner, are you definitely running the latest version of the add-on?

I can test this in a subdomain, actually.

I have a dev site. Will let you know.
Hmm, doesn't work on my dev site either which has a subdomain.

But, oddly, I cannot use the Sign Up with Facebook feature either...

Can you give that a try? Can you try to enable the Sign In With Facebook feature in Admin CP > Options > Facebook Integration?

If that default functionality doesn't work on your subdomain site either, this suggests a problem with the Facebook api.

No. I'm just running the site on a sub-domain for development purposes. When the site is designed and ready for launch it will run on a regular domain.

Currently I'm running Social Status Updater 1.1a.

Can you try to enable the Sign In With Facebook feature in Admin CP > Options > Facebook Integration?
For the regular Facebook integration I use a second Facebook App. I have entered the correct App ID and secret. There's nothing more to it for it to work, I guess?

But, oddly, I cannot use the Sign Up with Facebook feature either...
I managed to sign up for a new account as with my Facebook account. Login with Facebook was not a problem either. Earlier I haven't had any problem associating my XenForo account with my Facebook account from within XenForo. I also did the Facebook Integration Test in the AdminCP without any failures.

Another thing I have noticed when I link my XenForo account with my Facebook account is that I get automatically logged in when I visit the XenForo site.

It would have been nice if there was a log catching up the communication between XenForo and Facebook in this process. It would have helped a lot in the troubleshooting.

For one of my other FB Apps that I use for XenSocialize I use my regular domain for Site Domain and that seems to work fine.

What about the permissions for the App? Anything that should be configured in that section? Auth Token Parameter can for example be set in two different ways...

permissions for FB app.webp

What about the advanced settings?

advanced for FB app.webp

Thanks for buying, Case :)

If there is any issues at all, just let me know, I can get them fixed.

Thanks Chris, updated. However still getting these in log;

ErrorException: Undefined index: oauth_token - library/SocialStatusUpdater/twitter/twitteroauth.php:82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom