Social Status Updater [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm continually getting the following error message;

Code:
An exception occurred: Unable to Connect to ssl://graph.facebook.com:443. Error #101: Network is unreachable in /home/xxxx/domains/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php on line 235

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line 973
Zend_Http_Client->request() in SocialStatusUpdater/Helper/Facebook.php at line 9
SocialStatusUpdater_Helper_Facebook::checkTokenValidity() in SocialStatusUpdater/Listener.php at line 57
SocialStatusUpdater_Listener::templatePostRender()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxx/domains/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I'm continually getting the following error message;

Code:
An exception occurred: Unable to Connect to ssl://graph.facebook.com:443. Error #101: Network is unreachable in /home/xxxx/domains/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php on line 235

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line 973
Zend_Http_Client->request() in SocialStatusUpdater/Helper/Facebook.php at line 9
SocialStatusUpdater_Helper_Facebook::checkTokenValidity() in SocialStatusUpdater/Listener.php at line 57
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxx/domains/public_html/admin.php at line 13
I've uninstalled it because of that message. Just waiting for an update.

Very soon :)

No one answered this question yet, though:

Dudes, I have to run something past you.

There are some errors with this add-on, which I am keen to resolve as soon as possible.

One thing I'd like to consider is how necessary it is to have the check boxes underneath the status editor? This means if they weren't there every single status would be posted automatically to the service they linked in Preferences.

Let me know what you think.

Its not that necessary. Are you saying that might be the problem? If you have to take something away be my guest

It's related to that. I might not need to take it away. I just need to tear the code apart and make it bomb proof. I want it to be as reliable as possible. Hate the thought of these errors :(

Reactions: DRE
Getting an error and can't access my site right now... :(

I haven't updated the plug in yet (if there was one)... any help?

What is the error?
An exception occurred: Undefined index: oauth_token in /var/www/vhosts/testyourmight.com/httpdocs/library/SocialStatusUpdater/twitter/twitteroauth.php on line 82
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in SocialStatusUpdater/twitter/twitteroauth.php at line 82
TwitterOAuth->getRequestToken() in SocialStatusUpdater/Helper/Twitter.php at line 18
SocialStatusUpdater_Helper_Twitter::getTwitterAuthUrl() in SocialStatusUpdater/Listener.php at line 106
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 135
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
XenForo_FrontController->run() in/var/www/vhosts/testyourmight.com/httpdocs/index.php at line 13
I was able to get in and disable it a few minutes ago.

What version do you have? There are a few problems, but some were resolved in an update.

I'm still getting this error message since day one as stated in this post:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/social-status-updater-paid.36303/page-2#post-414546

It got so bad, that it completely stopped my site from displaying as the error message page would not go away, so I had to go into the FTP and rename the folder so the add-on wouldn't be recognised in ACP. This brought the site back up. But the add-on has been disabled ever since.

Please fix it ASAP, coming up to 2 months soon.

Can you post your error logs please relating to the add on. There are issues but the one quoted in that original post is something else.

Can you post your error logs please relating to the add on. There are issues but the one quoted in that original post is something else.
I have stopped using this add-on since ages and haven't got any error logs for it now. The above error/lines of code are related to this add-on.

Correct. They are related to my add-on.

But my add-on doesn't even use those files any more so you're either using an old version or the error is different.

Correct. They are related to my add-on.

But my add-on doesn't even use those files any more so you're either using an old version or the error is different.
I have the current available version installed, but it's disabled, as I stated why earlier. Need a fix asap pls.

I need to know what your error is before I can fix. It is not the one you originally had.

Good things come to those who wait...

I am starting again. Completely from scratch. Any code I've written previously? Forgotten. Gone.

In fact, I'll be deprecating this release entirely.

My very next release will be the XenForo Status Tweeter. It will cost £10 and be completely free to existing customers of Social Status Updater.

After that is released, I will be releasing the XenForo Status FB Poster. It will cost £10 and, again, be completely free to existing customers of Social Status Updater.

I may in future, if demand allows, release further modules at £10 each.

This will give people the flexibility of choosing which features they do, or don't want. While ensuring that the separate add-ons work in harmony with each other. Essentially, if you have both add-ons installed, it will look pretty much identical to how it does now - you wouldn't know it's two separate add-ons.

My recommendation will be to completely uninstall this add-on once the Tweeter is released. This may leave a period of time where you do not have any Facebook posting features (but that's not necessarily a bad thing as that is the current cause of most of the errors).

I strongly believe this new incarnation is the right way to go.

The version number of the separate add-ons will be Version 1.5.

Version 2.0 will hopefully include some features I discussed previously including the posting of other "XenForo events" such as Trophy awards etc.

But, first thing's first, I'm starting the XenForo Status Tweeter today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom