Social - PixelExit.com

Social - PixelExit.com 1.5.14

No permission to download
For some reason the login bar container and handle, and the footer text colors are not accepting color changes from the style properties.

Login bar handle firebug info..
barhandle.webp

The second (striked out) entry is what's in the style properties.

For some reason the login bar container and handle, and the footer text colors are not accepting color changes from the style properties.

Login bar handle firebug info..
View attachment 117334

The second (striked out) entry is what's in the style properties.
In the social.css template I have overriden the properties it seems with !important declarations. It's been quite a while since doing this style and there are certainly better ways to do it now so I'll take a look at it.

Steve F updated Social - PixelExit.com with a new update entry:

Minor Changes

Removed unneeded CSS in the social.css that was overwriting the style property changes making changes done in them not apply.

Style Properties Changed

• Login Bar -> Container (Text color and border)
  • Login Bar -> Login Handle (Text color, border and -1px on bottom position)
  • Footer (text colors)
Thanks to @Snog for bringing the issue to my attention :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Ah - looks like you overwrote the Default Style with the Social xml when you installed.

Rename the current "Default Style" to Social (or something), then create a new style, select no parent and name it Default Style. Then delete the style you renamed after the new style is created.

Ok, so now I have two styles. Depending on which style I want to use I just click the radio button? Also, is the new Default Style my old style before I installed Social? Bit new to this sort of thing, apologies!

Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 23.41.18.webp

If you created a new style with no Parent then it will be just like when you first installed XenForo. The radio button determines the default style for users that haven't selected a style. You can activate the Default Style there then browse the forum to see if it has changed.

Once you confirm the Default Style is back, you can then delete the "Social" style.

Got you. Just tried it and I've lost my old style which is no biggie as it was ropey anyway. How did I manage to overwrite it? I followed the instructions but something went wrong somewhere. Not an accusation by the way, I am very new to this so appreciate I may be getting it wrong as I go!

Wait, did you want to keep the Social style? I thought you wanted to get rid of it..

I can see the default style on your site, which is XenForo's default like it should be. Social is still there (assuming that is your old style - you renamed from Default Style).

You can choose styles in the Account drop menu Preferences or in the footer of the site.
upload_2016-3-25_19-55-25.webp

I wanted to switch between the two to see which I preferred. The old style I had was just different fonts and colours rather than something fundamental. I've accidentally overwritten that with Social and now the default is the original XF style.

Interestingly, it's ended up in the wrong place which is why I lost my old style: www/html/styles/styles/social/xenforo

Top Bottom