Social - PixelExit.com

Social - PixelExit.com 1.5.14

No permission to download
So to make it clear.

You installed Social as a parent style then created a child under it and now the editor buttons are gone in the child?

The parent style shows the editor buttons?

These styles are basically a default style, zero template edits with only additional CSS in the EXTRA.css. I will probably need to see this issue to debug it, link me to your site with a test account please.

Yesterday I installed fresh 1.4.0 versions of Social, checked to make sure the editors buttons were ok. I made a child and the child's editor buttons were empty. I then did a new install of Blackend 1.4.0 and checked the editor buttons. They were there but when I made a child the button boxes were empty. Then I installed Refresh 1.4.0 doing the same and got the same results.

I also have 4 different childs of the default and they all show the editor buttons.

Yesterday I installed fresh 1.4.0 versions of Social, checked to make sure the editors buttons were ok. I made a child and the child's editor buttons were empty. I then did a new install of Blackend 1.4.0 and checked the editor buttons. They were there but when I made a child the button boxes were empty. Then I installed Refresh 1.4.0 doing the same and got the same results.

I also have 4 different childs of the default and they all show the editor buttons.

Are you changing the style directories when you're doing these child styles(Style Properties -> General -> imagePath)?

Thank you (y) that was the problem, original image path was styles/default and assuming I needed to change it to styles/default/xenforo to get images from there. I put it back to original path and all is well.
Thanks for your support of these great styles. (y)(y)

I recently installed the media gallery. I am using the Social theme. I noticed today that the color for the Tag Cloud link is different from the rest of the titles. I assume this has to do with it also being a link. Is there a way to change this color?

media.webp

Add this to EXTRA.css

Code:
.xengallery_media_index .container .xengallerySideBar h3 a {
         color: #FFF;
}

Here this should work.

Code:
.xengallery_media_index .container .xengallerySideBar .section h3 a {
         color: #FFF;
}

Hi guys,

I'm using your SOCIAL theme and it's been very good so far. Yesterday someone went in the admin looking to do something and changed colors, so I had to reinstall. I have a few questions now. I worked for hours trying to achieve the results I'm looking for, but I'm afraid I'm only messing things up.

The first thing is this: I have a header which I centered. I notice in Firefox and in Chrome it doesn't show equally the same. In Chrome, it's perfect, but in Firefox, the bottom padding before the navigation bar seems to not be present.

I'm ready to start over and do things step by step to create the look I'm seeking:

1- A main header on the background linked to "home."

2- A different header for a few of the forums ("per node?"). I found some code Brogan posted and it's working really well.

3- How to change the default width of the page to meet the width of the header?

4- How can I have images that will be higher resolution for the header, so that when I zoom in it won't get pixelated?

I'm reinstalling the style now and will come back to read your replies.

Thanks in advance,

Andre

I'm on the road at the moment so I'm limited at what I can help you with right now but, first thing I would suggest creating a child style to edit.

Like so

Social
---- Your Style

So reinstall Social then create a new style and select Social as the parent. This does 2 things for you, eases updates and also gives you a way to revert things if you run into problems.

#3 Style Properties -> General -> Page Width Controller

You should see a max-width in the misc field, increase or decrease to desired width.

Thank you Steve, the problem I ran into is that for some reason the header starts covering the search box and the profile avatar from the top. Do you know which setting I should move, in order to create a bigger default space for the header, that wold just push the whole page downward and not cover the style?

Hope this makes sense... :)

You would want to increase the logo height in the Header style properties settings. It is used to help calculate the height of many things in the header.

Top Bottom