Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
Can anyone help me with positioning an ad after the first message post item on a group newsfeed page as illustrated. Something along the lines of <xf:if is="$post.position % $xf.options.messagesPerPage==0"> which is the conditional to show an ad after the first post in a normal thread. How do I achieve something similar for a group newsfeed post?

1614964107318.webp

@truonglv - latest bug with v3.0.7
Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group::assertViewableGroup() must be of the type int, null given, called in /var/www/vhosts/mooclab.club/httpdocs/src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php on line 772 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php:1222
Generated by: Unknown account Mar 11, 2021 at 11:22 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php(772): Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group->assertViewableGroup(NULL, Array, true)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group->actionEvents(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Truonglv\\Groups...', 'Events', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(14) "/groups/events"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

On the latest version, anyone else had issues with their attachments (group avatars, group banners) disappearing intermittently? I've rebuilt caches and the add-on several times now to no avail and am pretty sure it's one of the cron jobs, but I don't know why.

Last edited:
On the latest version, anyone else had issues with their attachments (group avatars, group banners) disappearing intermittently? I've rebuilt caches and the add-on several times now to no avail and am pretty sure it's one of the cron jobs, but I don't know why.
Can you give a link to check?

I'm 90% sure it's one of the two XF cleanup cron jobs, but I'm not sure why they're triggering on the Social Groups attachments nor how to stop it other than stopping the cron job altogether.

Is it possible to assign role permissions based on a user group? For example, group members of user group X, can add resources, but group members of user group Y can't?

I'm 90% sure it's one of the two XF cleanup cron jobs, but I'm not sure why they're triggering on the Social Groups attachments nor how to stop it other than stopping the cron job altogether.
Hope you find that cron jobs.

Fixed the issues, totally unrelated to this addon, apologies!

It's working rather well, but I am curious about Resources. Is it possible for them to be text only/not require uploads?

Is it intended for the resources' description to not update on edit? Comments seem to edit fine on resources, but the descriptions do not.

Sorry if this has been asked, but how do I set the default group tab to the "About" one? I do not see this in the options settings.

Sorry for misunderstand. Yes the about tab is excluded from that list
Thanks for the reply.

Another question. Is their a way to control the group cover image size? Currently if the widget is smaller than 918, it will not let you upload.

Also, when setting up a Xenforo Notice - I'd like to set up a notice only for the group pages specific to the group pages using the view class the renders the page but I do not know what it is. I just used the group template as the page criteria and it worked.

Last edited:
Hi @truonglv,

Wanted to ask some additional questions as well as some suggestions.

I was wondering how group admins can delete created forums? I can not seem to find this option inside a group after I make a test forum I want to delete. Found this option.

Also, I do like the event feature. Are you planning to add a calendar feature to this so events will show up on a calendar inside the group? Just my suggestion on this.

Also, another suggestion is the ability for group owners to create their own custom home page for their group with relevant information. Currently it seems like they can do this in the description but can not set this page to be the first page users see when visiting the group.

Also, another suggestion is the ability for group owners to create their own custom home page for their group with relevant information. Currently it seems like they can do this in the description but can not set this page to be the first page users see when visiting the group.
You can use custom fields for that but with load first as you want it is not available yet

You can use custom fields for that but with load first as you want it is not available yet

Thanks for the fast response.

I've created my own custom field and set it to it's own Tab, but I'm not understanding how to set this tab as the default tab users see when they join the group. Is there a specific way to do this?

One other thing I've noticed is that the "Join Group" button still shows even if that member is already part of that group. Is this intended?

joingroup.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom