Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
There are an increasing number of concerning issues being reported to us about this add-on including persistent bugs, unresolved issues, data loss and privacy issues.

Are you able to provide an indication of when these issues are going to be resolved?

Are the reasons surrounding these persistent issues caused by anything in particular?

Are you, at minimum, following and ensuring your code adheres to the Resource Standards we set our some time ago?

While we absolutely appreciate the challenges with maintaining a complex application, it is imperative that our customers (ours and yours) have their expectations met when it comes to quality, but even more crucially, data protection and privacy.

Please provide a roadmap for when those issues will be resolved so your customers know when to expect them.

Are you able to provide an indication of when these issues are going to be resolved?
Yes. I have a forum tracking for that. Any issues when fixed will have a prefix for that.

Are the reasons surrounding these persistent issues caused by anything in particular?
  • Users are report then no feedback again while I need more information to reproduce it.
  • Some issues can be fixed but with bad performance so i still keep it open
Are you, at minimum, following and ensuring your code adheres to the Resource Standards we set our some time ago?
Yes. I am.

truonglv updated [tl] Social Groups with a new update entry:

Notable changes:
  • Fixed render incorrect breadcrumbs
  • Show privacy rows in group create form.
  • Fixed invalid redirect when remove a member
  • Added new style property to control avatar rounded size.
  • Limit invitations which user can send in 24 hours
    • User groups permissions: Maximum invitations in 24 hours
  • Fixed listing all member states
  • Implement logic limit groups can create
    • User groups permissions: Maximum groups can create

Read the rest of this update entry...

Why are you deleting bug discussion?
For example:
You can see that the issue has two pages of discussion:
Yet, when you open the thread only the first post displays. I gave more information in that thread. If you need specific information from me in order to fix it then please let me know in a clear and specific request.

What happened to the other bug reports? The threads seem gone and I cannot find them. I see some have been fixed.

This privacy issue has not been fixed:

Please fix these issues.

Last edited:
There are an increasing number of concerning issues being reported to us about this add-on including persistent bugs, unresolved issues, data loss and privacy issues.

While we absolutely appreciate the challenges with maintaining a complex application, it is imperative that our customers (ours and yours) have their expectations met when it comes to quality, but even more crucially, data protection and privacy.

Please provide a roadmap for when those issues will be resolved so your customers know when to expect them.

Have these issues been resolved yet? @truonglv
I am interested in your add-on but will not be purchasing unless all privacy concerns are resolved.

If I enable the 'discussion/forum' part of the Social Groups, all new forums will be listed in the Forums>Nodes part in ACP. It could be tens or hundreds of them.. I made them listed under a Category which is set not Display in the node list. But in ACP Forums>Nodes they are still visible.. is this normal?

If I enable the 'discussion/forum' part of the Social Groups, all new forums will be listed in the Forums>Nodes part in ACP. It could be tens or hundreds of them.. I made them listed under a Category which is set not Display in the node list. But in ACP Forums>Nodes they are still visible.. is this normal?
Yes. It is normal

Hi. @truonglv Few questions about the addon. If it's possible or if it's a feature that is planned:

Are users able to "RSVP" to events?
Is there a event list of registered users?
Invite users to events?
Show joined group on postbit on messages/profile etc of that user?
Ability to set a location for the group? (using Google API)
Browse groups by location on index?

Last edited:
I want to translate the phrase '[tl] Social Groups: Members' but I can't find it anywhere by 'ACP->Appearance->Search phrases'.

2020-06-23-16-58-27.png

Also this one...

1592967136615.png

Edit: For the second one, I needed to add a new phrase with Title 'tlg_groups_x_have_management'. Seems the developer missed to create it.

But still no clue for the second one.

Last edited:
Do you have permission to bypass group privacy?

There's no such option as "Bypass Group Privacy" in user group permissions. But I set Yes to 2 "bypass" options. But still can't see any invite people to my group option.

1592969390485.webp

Oh it's this option.. I thought the default '0' = unlimited. I was wrong. I need to either select Unlimited or a positive number...

1592969617236.webp

Top Bottom