Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Is the large banner in Group information tab still exists ? I can't see it in groups on your forum
Thank you !

ss3-png.157631

hello @Ozzy47

there is an error in the group events calendar
puts the events in the list view well, but in the month view or they appear misplaced on another day, or they do not appear visible

Is there a way to organize the groups listing? Ideally with headers since some groups will be on topic and some will be off topic.

How about "association with forum" so that the groups could also be listed in the forum?

groups.webp

We are seeing some errors in our logs after the latest update.

It seems to be a clash between addons maybe? I can't tell. I have reported it to Xon as well.

Server error log
  • Exception: Could not find class SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\UserOption when attempting to extend XF\Entity\UserOption
  • src/XF/Extension.php:176
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Sep 16, 2022 at 7:07 PM

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(55): XF\Extension->extendClass('XF\\Entity\\UserO...')
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(723): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName('XF:UserOption')
#2 src/XF/Repository/User.php(189): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->instantiateEntity('XF:UserOption', Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/Repository/User.php(186): XF\Repository\User->_hydrateGuestUserData(Array)
#4 src/XF/Repository/User.php(135): XF\Repository\User->_hydrateGuestUserData(Array)
#5 src/XF/Repository/User.php(32): XF\Repository\User->getGuestUser()
#6 src/addons/Snog/Groups/XF/Repository/User.php(10): XF\Repository\User->getVisitor(NULL, Array)
#7 src/XF/App.php(1913): Snog\Groups\XF\Repository\User->getVisitor(NULL, Array)

#8 src/XF/Pub/App.php(158): XF\App->getVisitorFromSession(Object(XF\Session\Session))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2341): XF\Pub\App->start(true)
#10 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(34) "/forum/forums/western-bulldogs.20/"
["referrer"] => string(143) "https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...rs-read-posting-rules-before-posting.1314916/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/forum/forums/western-bulldogs_20/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Lot of permissions phrases are not on translatable:
/admin.php?group/owner
/admin.php?group/moderator
/admin.php?group/member

example...

Capture web_20-11-2022_22390_localhost.webp

And this phrase
snog_groups_max_joined
You may not join this group.<br />You are already a member of the maxium number of groups you can join.

@Ozzy47 is it correct that this add-on does not have an importer available to import vBulletin social groups into it?

What are the barriers for this? How are other customers managing after moving from vBulletin (or IPS) to XF?

I don’t believe there was ever an importer made.

I wouldn’t have any idea on the barriers, I haven’t looked at any vB code or vB addons in 12 years.

Hi there @Ozzy47, I keep getting the following error since a few days:

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL fetch error [2014]: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:230
Generated by: Unknown account Dec 20, 2022 at 12:37 AM

Stack trace

SELECT `xf_snog_forms_forms`.*, `xf_snog_forms_types_Type_1`.*
            FROM `xf_snog_forms_forms`
            LEFT JOIN `xf_snog_forms_types` AS `xf_snog_forms_types_Type_1` ON (`xf_snog_forms_types_Type_1`.`appid` = `xf_snog_forms_forms`.`appid`)
            WHERE (`xf_snog_forms_forms`.`active` = 1)
            ORDER BY `xf_snog_forms_types_Type_1`.`display` ASC, `xf_snog_forms_forms`.`display` ASC

------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(198): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL fetch err...', 2014, 'HY000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(136): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL fetch err...', 2014, 'HY000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php(95): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->fetchRowValues()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1432): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->fetchAliasGrouped()
#4 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Listener.php(143): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch()
#5 src/XF/Extension.php(69): Snog\Forms\Listener::appPubStartEnd(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2990): XF\Extension->fire('app_pub_start_e...', Array, NULL)
#7 src/XF/Pub/App.php(202): XF\App->fire('app_pub_start_e...', Array)
#8 src/XF/App.php(2479): XF\Pub\App->start(true)
#9 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
      ["url"] => string(24) "/whats-new/posts/580282/"
      ["referrer"] => bool(false)
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Is it possible that this is triggered when a user did not accept cookies? I think that the errors started when I switched to the advanced cookie consent a few days ago.

How are other customers managing after moving from vBulletin (or IPS) to XF?
Keep a backed up copy of the vB database (3.8.11) and hope that one day someone will come up with a SQL string that allows you to import the old data after all. 😞

Hi there @Ozzy47, I keep getting the following error since a few days:

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL fetch error [2014]: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:230
Generated by: Unknown account Dec 20, 2022 at 12:37 AM

Stack trace

SELECT `xf_snog_forms_forms`.*, `xf_snog_forms_types_Type_1`.*
            FROM `xf_snog_forms_forms`
            LEFT JOIN `xf_snog_forms_types` AS `xf_snog_forms_types_Type_1` ON (`xf_snog_forms_types_Type_1`.`appid` = `xf_snog_forms_forms`.`appid`)
            WHERE (`xf_snog_forms_forms`.`active` = 1)
            ORDER BY `xf_snog_forms_types_Type_1`.`display` ASC, `xf_snog_forms_forms`.`display` ASC

------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(198): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL fetch err...', 2014, 'HY000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(136): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL fetch err...', 2014, 'HY000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php(95): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->fetchRowValues()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1432): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->fetchAliasGrouped()
#4 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Listener.php(143): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch()
#5 src/XF/Extension.php(69): Snog\Forms\Listener::appPubStartEnd(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2990): XF\Extension->fire('app_pub_start_e...', Array, NULL)
#7 src/XF/Pub/App.php(202): XF\App->fire('app_pub_start_e...', Array)
#8 src/XF/App.php(2479): XF\Pub\App->start(true)
#9 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
      ["url"] => string(24) "/whats-new/posts/580282/"
      ["referrer"] => bool(false)
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Is it possible that this is triggered when a user did not accept cookies? I think that the errors started when I switched to the advanced cookie consent a few days ago.

@Painbaker, thoughts?

@Ozzy47 is it correct that this add-on does not have an importer available to import vBulletin social groups into it?

What are the barriers for this? How are other customers managing after moving from vBulletin (or IPS) to XF?

@Chris D ,

I have an importer for it. Its not a standalone addon. It's part of the importer tools I developed for my services. I recently added support for a Social Group's photo gallery.

Top Bottom