Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
I'm not sure it's been discussed somewhere in these 30 pages but maybe this would be good for the FAQ page.

What happens when the owner of a community stops running it? Since I was not a member of the group, I can't make myself the owner to take over. I have a membership request - but it won't be approved because the owner doesn't visit the site anymore. Not sure what to do...

I'm not sure it's been discussed somewhere in these 30 pages but maybe this would be good for the FAQ page.

What happens when the owner of a community stops running it? Since I was not a member of the group, I can't make myself the owner to take over. I have a membership request - but it won't be approved because the owner doesn't visit the site anymore. Not sure what to do...
Login as user add-on?

Have a user who created a group which when I view it from the main forum page as admin, shows as "Private." He is able to create threads and posts in his group forum, but any attempt to use any of the menu bar commands (Group Info; Group Members, Group Tools) results this msg:

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

I also see that the Node Permissions for this SG forum is the only one of all our SGs where the owner has specific Permissions set for the respective forum.

SG 2.1.27 on XF 2.1.0

I just created a Social Group as a normal user and don't have this issue. I have no ideas... I don't see any way to see the original parameters he used when he created this group to see what differs from the group I created.

Ozzy47 updated Social Groups for XenForo with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.1+ Update 2.1.32

Added: Phrase "No events to display" for translate?
js\Snog\Groups\fullcalendar.min.js

Fixed: [E_WARNING] Trying to access array offset on value of type bool src\addons\Snog\Groups\XF\Finder\Thread.php:100

Fixed 2.1.31: Template error: [E_WARNING] Illegal string offset 'name' internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s3/public/snog_groups_main.php:656

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @Ozzy47, how are you doing?

I'm seriously thinking to take the next step to implement your add-on in my Forum, since XF is hard to listen the feedback and suggestions from their own community. I'm not entering in this matter by now.

Looking to the others add-ons, i see that yours have most features and "quality", and your well known good support.

Can you tell me more about your add-on before i make the purchase? How it's going? He is developed with minimun XF standards? Are many bugs or errors?

Any way to "monetize" the social club?

Please, convince me to buy your add-on.

See you soon.

There are no known bugs or errors at this time. Of course it is coded to XF standards.

I suppose you could sell membership via the account upgrade system so users could access the groups addon funct.

Attempt to upgrade. Are you sure these files are really necessary

Code:
[OzzModz] Social Groups · 2.1.30 -> 2.1.32
The following errors must be resolved before continuing:

This add-on cannot be installed/upgraded because the following files are missing: README.txt, UPGRADE 2.0.x TO 2.1.x README.txt.

I need to hide a widget in the groups forums and threads. Looks like they use the same forum_view and thread_view templates as the rest of the site. Is there any variable I can look for to distinguish group forums/threads from regular ones?

I need to hide a widget in the groups forums and threads. Looks like they use the same forum_view and thread_view templates as the rest of the site. Is there any variable I can look for to distinguish group forums/threads from regular ones?
Solution to this was using the variable $xf.reply.section. as in .....
Code:
$xf.reply.section !== 'snogGroups'

Can I not hide a subforum of a public group from the public? So ... set a sub-forum of a public group to invite only or approval?

Hey @Ozzy47

fabulous addon, which we bought and installed on our site (you can see it at https://gbatemp.net )
we have two questions/issues though:

1) creating events simply doesn't appear to do anything; the popup closes after submitting the event and nothing else happens. After that, nothing shows up, neither in the calendar itself nor in the latest events widget. What verifications should I make, did I overlook a setting maybe?

2) we have a large team of "super moderators", who are supposed to have control over the entire site and all groups too, to help keep the place clean. That being said, it doesn't look like they have any mod powers over the groups. I've checked the mod permissions (see below) but I don't see anything regarding Social Groups

1632723550881.webp

Did I miss a setting? Or is this intended?

To us, groups are simply user-created forums (which they actually are in terms of database storage etc.) so our moderators should be able to moderate these as well, their mod powers should apply there by default.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry if this has been discussed before but i cant find the answer. How do we disable the group forums being put into our main forums? We only want the forums within the groups to show within the groups.

Top Bottom