Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Send me a PC on Snog’s site, and we can work something out.
thanks Ozzy we're actually looking into upgrading to XF2 as James recommended someone who may be able to take on the project (regardless of the difficulty and number of customizations). If this doesn't work out I'll be in touch :)

I'm getting an odd issue on my site where when people request to join a group, the following message is presented:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your user group is unable to send PCs to anyone.
Please notify the site admin of this message.
(Maximum conversation recipients = 0)

Any idea what could be going wrong?

I'm getting an odd issue on my site where when people request to join a group, the following message is presented:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your user group is unable to send PCs to anyone.
Please notify the site admin of this message.
(Maximum conversation recipients = 0)

Any idea what could be going wrong?
Okay, I took a guess and figured this out... So if I don't allow new members to send PCs (spam) until they're automatically promoted to a user group that CAN send PCs, they can't join a club until that upgrade. Is there any way around this?

Okay, I took a guess and figured this out... So if I don't allow new members to send PCs (spam) until they're automatically promoted to a user group that CAN send PCs, they can't join a club until that upgrade. Is there any way around this?

Unfortunately not.

New to XenForo (coming from VB). I have successfully installed this add-on, set up a main category (just for testing) called Social Groups, then I have three "sub categories": Technology, Hobbies and Car Clubs. I have successfully created groups in each of these categories. All these groups seem to be working fine, and I've added banner images for each group. But there is a link called "Category Banners" that lets me upload an image for a selected category, however, while I can upload an image for, say the Car Clubs category, I can't see where or how those "category" banners are displayed? I have my Groups tab showing up as it should in the upper navigation menu, and when I click on the groups tab, I can see all of the groups I've created. Two of the groups are in the CarClubs Category (a subcategory of the Social Groups category) and the other group "Photography" is in the Hobbies category. I've tried uploading Category images but where do they appear and how do I have these groups show up as being grouped in their respective categories? I'm attaching a picture from my test install to show what I see when I click the Groups tab. (PS: I’ve tried setting the category nodes to display in the node list and no not display and that makes no difference - I still don't see the category images anywhere. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

By the way, this looks like it will be a great add-on!

UPDATE: NEVER MIND! I overlooked the LIST TYPE setting in the Groups Settings. D'oh! Once I checked "Category List" instead of Group List - Viola! I can now see the Categories displayed. 🤓

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 12.16.41 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Bug reported (one of many), but this one is vitally important when trying to create user level permission to create groups.

In permissions I gave a group the inability to join zero groups. But if they are invited they are able to join. Also even though I created group permissions to not create a group, someone can transfer ownership to a user that cannot create a group.

Note: After leaving the group and testing again, the same user cannot be added because the error they are already in the max number of groups. But it initially let's users get around the permissions.

All bug reports will be looked into in due course. As I have written, I am currently short on free time,

It’s actually going longer than I originally thought.

Hello.

I know the intention of this add on is mainly to make ''private'' groups, but I'd like to enable users that aren't members of some groups to post in their forums. I tried changing the node permissions but it seems it doesn't work and nothing changes. Is this a bug or is it done intentionally? Is there any way I can allow users to post in the forums of the groups?

Thank you.

Could we get some improvement to the main groups page? We're importing some 130+ groups.
Instead of only listing groups alphabetically I'd like to sort them by Most Active, Creation Date, Recent Activity, and/or Most Members.
Alphabetically isn't really that useful. A search function would be nice.

@Ozzy47 Can you please tell me if there's any way to do this?
Hello.

I know the intention of this add on is mainly to make ''private'' groups, but I'd like to enable users that aren't members of some groups to post in their forums. I tried changing the node permissions but it seems it doesn't work and nothing changes. Is this a bug or is it done intentionally? Is there any way I can allow users to post in the forums of the groups?

Thank you.

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if it's just not possible.

There's a bit of duplication of some features.... Group Photos as well as Group Media, Group Discussions as well as Group Forum.

Is there a to disable users creating a new group from creating the discussion area and the photo area?

Top Bottom