Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Updated to 2.2 and 2.1.30

Getting an error when I try and create a new group.

• ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Creating default object from empty value
  • src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php:846
  • Generated by:
  • Dec 10, 2020 at 12:04 PM

Stack trace​

#0 src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php(846): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Cre...', '/home/toejam/pu...', 846, Array)
#1 src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php(630): Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group->groupSaveProcess(Object(Snog\Groups\Entity\Group), 9)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group->actionSave(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Groups:Gro...', 'Save', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

I created 3 groups now and no errors. Iam not sure why this is. If any more errors come up I will let you know.

Is there a way to not moderate new groups created?
Is there a way to turn off photos or media? I turned off the photo permissions but icon still displays.

Iam still getting he same error. Users are creating one group multiple times because of the error. No way to stop new group creations.

Also to turn off media, set usergroup permissions “Can create group media area” and “Can create group photo album” to Never or No.

ohh, ok, Iam just now seeing this. I thought all the options were in social groups group permissions. There is a global usergroup option to turn it off, did not see that. That helps....

I don't have groups available to registered users, only to premium members. That said, when a members premium membership expires, some of them are retaining access to the groups. I've double checked permissions, not sure how these people are keeping access.

any ideas what is happening here?

Hello @Ozzy47
I'd like to know if it's still possible to purchase the Xenforo 1.5 version. Our forums are permanently stuck with 1.5 due to years of hacks & mods & addons and our developer is pretty much gone (so XF 2 is impossible).
I don't really mind if the XF 1.5 version still has some bugs or is unmaintained.
I googled this for about 20 minutes and searched the author's forum to no avail
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hello @Ozzy47
I'd like to know if it's still possible to purchase the Xenforo 1.5 version. Our forums are permanently stuck with 1.5 due to years of hacks & mods & addons and our developer is pretty much gone (so XF 2 is impossible).
I don't really mind if the XF 1.5 version still has some bugs or is unmaintained.
I googled this for about 20 minutes and searched the author's forum to no avail
Thanks in advance for your reply.
We don't sell anything we don't support and maintain. We're strictly 2x-plus.

-- James with OzzModz/Snogs

We don't sell anything we don't support and maintain. We're strictly 2x-plus.

-- James with OzzModz/Snogs
great, does that mean I can download the addon for free then? :)
just kidding. It's sad, that means we won't get to use your addon.
If you think there's any solution to be had, feel free to PM me.

Is there a way to add bread crumbs in group threads the same way it shows up regular threads.

Breadcrumbs now:
screenshot_590.webp

Breadcrumbs in groups if I add the following to the thread view template:
<xf:breadcrumb source="$forum.getBreadcrumbs()" />
<xf:breadcrumb href="">{$thread.title}</xf:breadcrumb>

screenshot_594.webp

Without adding the previous code it's blank.

Top Bottom