Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
How do you set things so that people who create groups can't set things to private?

Check this box to allow non-members to view group thread contents
Check this box to allow non-members to view group discussions
Check this box to allow non-members to view group photos

The only thing I allowed users to do was create groups that required approval. But I'm seeing their groups set with the above option unchecked. I'd like to avoid that from happening so that everything is public. Is there a way?
Anything on this?

That is not an option that can be changed without editing templates.
I see! But it would be a good idea for a future version, no? The success of a forum depends a lot on people being able to find it. If people have a lot of forum content hidden in an area that cannot be found my search engines, well, you know the rest. Would the template edits be difficult for an amateur to do?

The widget will only display on the groups pages. You could create your own html widget for that though.
Hi Ozzy47

I'd like to display a widget with a list of the users current groups (members of) with the group icon on the home page, is that possible using an HTML widget ?

Last edited:
Any updates on XF2.2 compatibility?

Is it possible to put a badge for each group a user is a member of in the user info box next to their posts?

That’s not very helpful. What does not working entail? I’ve had no issues reported in limited testing.

Anyone upgrading to 2.1.28, try it on a test site first, or take a full backup before upgrading, in case you need to roll back prior to the update.

Hi there,

I have a question about the group member permissions for polls.
There is a "Vote on polls" but no "Can create polls" ... or did I miss something?

Oh ok... this is set default to no.. but user have permission in a certain forum. So we have to change ALL other settings to allow it in groups? :(

When I have this add-on enabled, it makes my "node icon tabs" add-on bug out. Causing some type of issue with the css.

n41cW2o.png

Above is what it normally looks like. Below is what it looks like when I activate/install the add-on from fresh.

yDObPh0.png

I can't understand why it does this?

@Ozzy47

What version of XF and what version of the addon? Does the same thing happen on a unmodified default style?

What style is that?

What version of XF and what version of the addon? Does the same thing happen on a unmodified default style?

What style is that?

It's a heavily modified xenbase style.

Can't check exact XF and Addon version just yet as I'm on mobile, travelling. Will update.

Can you look into UIX issues?? Social groups 2.1.29 Xen 2.21

I'm Not Seeing the group homepage with UIX 2.2.0 works fine in Xen default style

Top Bottom