Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
ups... so this should be something you should add to future Upgrades, this will help to send specific Mass pm to these people....

Hello,

This addon is about 80% of what I'm looking for in a new project I'm working on. Excellent work so far, the product looks superb. The discussions, approvals, and events are all key areas I was worried about having to solve for.

That being said, I have some pretty specific modifications to several areas of the addon that I would likely want to perform. What is your policy on allowing somewhat significant modifications to the code? Obviously I would purchase a license, and I would have to reconcile your updates as they are released.

Happy to have a private chat to discuss further.

Thanks very much.

You are allowed to modify the code add you need, but I obviously couldn't support it though since the code would be changed.

You are allowed to modify the code add you need, but I obviously couldn't support it though since the code would be changed.

Gotcha, thanks for the response.

Yep, definitely would be modifying with the understanding that support would be up to me.

I would be interested in what you come up with, and possibly add any additions to the addon that you made if users were interested in the changes.
Definitely! Still working through the high-level architecture and how we want to integrate various components. If we move to integrate the custom features using your add-on as the base, I imagine it would result in a number of features that will be helpful to the larger community.

I will stay in touch as far as our development and how things progress.

I would be interested in what you come up with, and possibly add any additions to the addon that you made if users were interested in the changes.
Hello, sorry for the double post here.

Based on the functionality we're working on for the system, we're going a different direction for our Forum solution. Due to that, we'll be moving away from Xenforo and this Add-On in favor of something that will be more integrated into the system we're building.

I appreciate your feedback, unfortunately we're just moving in a different direction.

Thanks!

Damn, this is one incredible addon. :D The problem for me, is that I want to combine this with XFA Tournament addon, in a more gaming oriented approach. (so managing your local/online board game club). And with combining this with a tournament addon, play tournaments with your club. XFA Roster can of course be coupled with the XFA Tournament addon, but this addon is superior in literally every other way. :\

I've seen other addon developers making integrations for other addons (for example Bob's showcase has a filtering addon made by someone else), but I understand that it is probably not happening here. Just needed to vent my about my frustration/dilemma 😄

Hi,
I currently use the Private Threads add-on which has been a huge hit on my forum since the XF1 days.

I'm looking at maybe taking this a step further now and have been very interested in this add-on. Just a few questions.

1) Is it possible to disable the calendar and photo album at admin level or group owner level?
2) Am I right in thinking that each group will get their own single forum, and discussions within that forum will be private to users that are not members? (Can't see thread title/last reply etc)
3) Is it possible to transfer over Private Threads & their users to a social group?

I'm sure there's a few other questions, but they are my main ones for now!

Thanks in advance

A few feature requests, that I'm hoping @ozzy47 would consider :)

A) Able to set location of group. (using Google Maps. Classifieds addon does this in a similar fashion).

B) You can check out groups by seeing their locations (if they have been added by the group owners). Easier to find new clubs, if you are looking for something in your area :) (even if they play online, you may want to connect with someone who are in the same country/state etc).
1589994468097.png

C) Custom fields support and filtering. The owner of a group/admin in ACP, can add various custom fields to the group, which can then be seen on the front page of the club. This will allow you to customize further what you use the groups for on your websites. (either it be gaming, work related etc).
And just as important: Then on the club main page, you can filter groups by these values. So for example you have a group that mostly focuses in A or B activity. Then you can add this as a custom field, and it will be easier for other visitors to find what they need when they filter the Group front page by using these filters.

D) Option to show user group in the postbit on messages. A small icon and the name. (click it to go to the group).

-----------------------------------------

(+ I would easily pay extra for this addon to have some basic connectivity to XFA Tournaments addon. Since there are no other tournament addons on the market for XF2 (and groups addon is frequently used for gaming-related communities), I think just having a few basic integrations would be a huge uplift for this is a complete group/clan package.
So for example being able to show tournament wins on the group page. Or joining a tournament as a group (and selecting what members to include) in a group vs group format.)

Last edited:
Would it be possible for members to attend events? RSVP. It would then show on the event, who are on the "attending" list.
If it's public, anyone can RSVP. If not, only group members can RSVP.

Top Bottom