Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
The widget will only display on the groups pages. You could create your own html widget for that though.

Hello, I'm encountering the following errors when trying to post in discussions or upload photos to Groups...

1590524940454.webp

Hello,

Got a few issues.

1. The groups don't have an option to determine the style theme. So when the forums are added it shows that theme. But the group itself goes based off the sites default style. See image for issue. Need the style to be assigned for the group itself to override the default theme.

2. How can I change the Groups tab to a different name? Need it to be what we are using it for either Clans or Divisions to represent our people.

3. Is there a way to assign a specific usergroup to the group?

3. Is there a limit of groups that can be created? If not at what point would it start having affects on performance?

Attachments

• Group Issue.webp
    Group Issue.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 3
@ozzy47 I've got this. :)

1. The groups don't have an option to determine the style theme. So when the forums are added it shows that theme. But the group itself goes based off the sites default style. See image for issue. Need the style to be assigned for the group itself to override the default theme.
The group system uses whatever style the user is using or if the user hasn't selected a style the style that is set as default for your site. That is the expected and correct behavior.

There is no way to assign a specific style to a group.
2. How can I change the Groups tab to a different name? Need it to be what we are using it for either Clans or Divisions to represent our people.
Edit the nav.snogGroups phrase.
3. Is there a way to assign a specific usergroup to the group?
No.
3. Is there a limit of groups that can be created? If not at what point would it start having affects on performance?
Just like XenForo itself, there is no limit. However, since the group forums are real XenForo forums, like XenForo itself there is a point where performance will degrade. Using numbers just off the top of my head (not real numbers), if XenForo has say 1000 forums there would be a performance degradation. I don't know of anyone that's pushed the limit in XF or the group system but the group system should perform just as well as XenForo itself so long as you don't go hog wild and have thousands of groups.

Last edited:
I have been adding a few more suggestions to my list for improvements of this addon. So here is the summary =)

Feature suggestionSection
Ability to RSVP to an event (you get notifications to remind you of RSVP'ed events)Calendar
View list of RSVP'ed usersCalendar
Remove/invite users to eventsCalendar
Add location to event (optional) - Utilizing Maps Embed APICalendar
Set location of group (optional) - Utilizing Maps Embed APIGroup information
Filter groups on index page by location*Index
Some design improvements on the index and feature group ability (like XFRM resources etc)*Index
Show joined group on postbit on messages/profile etc of that userPost view, profile view
Paid request: Some basic integration with XFA Tournaments addon.
Paid request: Some basic integration with my custom database addon.

1589994468097-png.225569

Shows group banner, name of group, small avatar of leader, some basic information about the group (members, open/closed etc) and description

After talking with my team, here are some additions that we would need.

1. Need capability to assign a specified usergroup to the member, even though it has no impact on the Social Group. We have different type of groups and they each. So if member joins group, then gets put into assigned usergroup which would give them additional permissions that is required. If they leaver or get removed, they get removed from that usergroup.

2. There needs to be a change history on users profile, if they join, leave, or get removed from the specified usergroup.

3. A way where semi private where the users can view other social groups within the same category and can post in its forum.

Let me know if these can be done or not? We can talk about it.

After talking with my team, here are some additions that we would need.

1. Need capability to assign a specified usergroup to the member, even though it has no impact on the Social Group. We have different type of groups and they each. So if member joins group, then gets put into assigned usergroup which would give them additional permissions that is required. If they leaver or get removed, they get removed from that usergroup.

2. There needs to be a change history on users profile, if they join, leave, or get removed from the specified usergroup.

3. A way where semi private where the users can view other social groups within the same category and can post in its forum.

Let me know if these can be done or not? We can talk about it.

Those all seem to be pretty niche additions, I would get ahold of @TickTackk and he can give you a quote on addon those in for you.

Find one minor mistake (original phrase in XenForo is remove_from_public_view):
1596781064187.webp
in
snog_groups_discussion_view
snog_groups_discussion_list_macros
snog_groups_post_macros

One change suggestion:
1596781172024.webp
Code:
                                                    <a class="tabs-tab {{ ($mgcategory) ? 'is-active' : '' }}" role="tab" tabindex="0" href="{{ link('media/categories', $group.Media) }}">Group media</a>
                                                    <a class="tabs-tab {{ ($mgcategory) ? 'is-active' : '' }}" role="tab" tabindex="0" href="{{ link('media/categories', $group.Media) }}">{{ phrase('snog_groups_media') }}</a>

in snog_groups_main

change Group media text to phrase text, it will be nice for future translations.

How do you set things so that people who create groups can't set things to private?

Check this box to allow non-members to view group thread contents
Check this box to allow non-members to view group discussions
Check this box to allow non-members to view group photos

The only thing I allowed users to do was create groups that required approval. But I'm seeing their groups set with the above option unchecked. I'd like to avoid that from happening so that everything is public. Is there a way?

Gmorning, is there a way to send a mass PM to all members of a social group?, if not is there a way to filter them to add them to a secondary group, add some extra field value... my goal is get some way to filter certain users from certain social groups.

Any Ideas /suggestions?

Salut!

Top Bottom