Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
We recently installed this and it seemed to be working well, until I tried to delete some test groups I had created.

I was under "Owner Tools" in the test group and began the deletion process. Not exactly sure which deletion option I chose first, but I ended up getting a cascade of errors (see attached file).

Now, when I, the group creator/owner, go to /community/groups, the two test groups are listed. When I click on a Test Group name (Group Test 3, in this instance), I am directed to:

domain/community/forums/group-test-3.82/
which gives a "Page not found" error.

When a non-member visits /community/groups, they can see my test groups (I set them to be visible to non-members), but when they click on the same test group name (Group Test 3), they are directed to:

domain/community/group/group-test-3.3/info

Which shows the group icon, info, and tabs. I realize this could be by design, because without the existing error condition I am owner/member and thus being directed to the group forum, while the other person isn't a member and is being directed to the area where membership can be requested.

I found I can access the "owner tools" by navigating to the /group/group-test-3.3/info URL, but any attempt to "delete group" or "delete main group forum" results in new errors.

I initially suspected that it was due to me having "hard delete" permission set to "No" in "Group owner permissions". But even with all permissions set to "yes" / "unlimited", the errors persist when attempting to delete the group.

Error list:

This should not happen anymore in the latest version 2.1.20

OK it seems pretty unpredictable and hard to pin down.

I've created several dozen test groups, with "create group forum" always checked, and:
  1. "media area" checked and "non-members can view" checked
  2. "media area" unchecked and "non-members can view" checked
  3. "media area" checked and "non-members can view" unchecked
  4. "media area" unchecked and "non-members can view" unchecked
The only combination of the above that seems reliably error-free is the last one (both unchecked). That never generates the error.

The one that seems "worst" - i.e. most likely to generate errors - is #1, with them both checked. But combinations 1-3 almost always generate the error. So far, going on 50 groups now, #4 combination has never generated the error. All three other combos are unreliable, but usually generate the error.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for reporting this. I had found the same bugs earlier but it seems too complicated to explain as i had quite limited time to brief here.

@ozzy47 thanks for the latest fix as well.

Suggestion: an additional notification setting:

"Checking this box will send a notification (via private message) to the owner of this group when a new user requests to join the group."

Some members on our forum are reporting being overwhelmed with dozens of private conversations, because each request to join their private group spawns a new PC. Some members would prefer to just manage their membership requests on the group page. Making this an option would be nice.

Hello @ozzy47,

I‘m planning to use your add-on as a „Roster“ mod for my esport teams. The features look amazing, especially the possibility for discussions and the calendar. One question: Is it possible to link up a social group with a usergroup, so when I join a social group, I'm automatically added to the linked usergroup? If not, is that something you might add?

Top Bottom