Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
I have two styles I'm using, UI.X and Nulmia, but both have been remodded for my needs. Anyhow I reverted my page container and that solved my installation issue :)

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.1.4

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Change - Discussion search removed if no groups a member belongs to have a discussion area
  • Add - Show groups a member belongs to on member page (hidden private groups are not shown)
  • Add - Privacy option for viewing groups a member belongs to
  • Fix - Template modification errors with Pixel Exit and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Will this add-on import social groups data and threads from the vBulletin 4.2.5 source database?

This is the last issue I need to settle for the owner to make the transition to Xenforo.

Will this add-on import social groups data and threads from the vBulletin 4.2.5 source database?

This is the last issue I need to settle for the owner to make the transition to Xenforo.
Sorry, no it doesn't.

There was one for the XF1.x version, but such a small number of people purchased it that I just can't justify creating one for the XF2.x version.

Does the 1.x version still exist? I suppose I could do a vBulletin to 1.5 stage and then a 1.5 to 2.0 update, although that would be a pain.

Or can you point me to another addon which might do that?

Does the 1.x version still exist? I suppose I could do a vBulletin to 1.5 stage and then a 1.5 to 2.0 update, although that would be a pain.

Or can you point me to another addon which might do that?
No it doesn't. And it would be so far outdated at this point I wouldn't suggest trying that.

There is one other social group add-on for XF2, but I honestly don't know if that one imports from vB or not. Just search the XF2 resources for Social Groups and it will come up.

@Snog , Does your add-on allow me to select a forum category? Like an entire category for the "Forum"? instead of making a brand new forum automatically for the group, can I use a pre-made forum or category? (Category would be ideal)

@Snog , Does your add-on allow me to select a forum category? Like an entire category for the "Forum"? instead of making a brand new forum automatically for the group, can I use a pre-made forum or category? (Category would be ideal)
You define the categories for group forums during setup and the person creating the group selects the category. When the group forum is created, it goes into the category the user chose.

Is it possible to get a look an all the permissions you can set?
For example, I would like to have only approved members (who can approve the owners themselves) of a group with permission to access the GroupForum/Media Tab etc.

Is it possible to get a look an all the permissions you can set?
For example, I would like to have only approved members (who can approve the owners themselves) of a group with permission to access the GroupForum/Media Tab etc.
Nobody approves the group owners, if they have permission to create a group, they can without any approval. "Can view groups" allows members to view the group tab and view the groups themselves (if the group is visible to them).

There are the user group permissions for Social groups:
groupperms.webp

Then there are group level permissions for group owners, group moderators and group members. They are a subset of the same forum and media permissions used for user groups but apply at the group level, plus a couple specific additions for group events and the group photo area (not group media).

The tabs in the group itself are controlled by the type of group it is (public/private/hidden/require approval), if it contains a forum or media area and if a user is a member of the group or not.

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.1.6

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Discussion view PHP error when group does not exist
  • Fix - PHP Notice error when admin views new posts and group has a sub-forum
  • Fix - Events not being created in the timezone for the user creating the event

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would like to be able to have those members whom I make group moderators be able to invite and remove other members.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

I would like to be able to have those members whom I make group moderators be able to invite and remove other members.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks
Sorry, no there isn't. Members can only be invited or removed by the group owner. That is intended to be that way.

Custom User Group settings & addon custom settings from XF 1.5 was reset/not preserve after upgrade to XF 2.1 and this version.

Thanks!

Custom User Group settings & addon custom settings from XF 1.5 was reset/not preserve after upgrade to XF 2.1 and this version.

Thanks!
That would be correct. That's why the README.txt file says you should set them after upgrading from the 1.x version. ;)

5) Go to Admin->Groups & Permissions->User Group Permissions and set the Social Group permissions for all groups that you want
to be able to create or view Social Groups.

6) Go to Admin->Groups & Permissions->Group Settings and select the categories you use for your groups.
Also review the other settings in this area and change what you would like to change.

7) Under Admin->Groups & Permissions->Social Groups, also check the group owner, moderator and member permissions to be sure they are
the way you want them. The default permissions should be fine for most sites.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom