Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Just purchased and love this add-on. :)

I do have one suggestion. Would you consider the ability for group owners to create a page for their group (similar to the way they can create a forum now)? This would be very useful for posting group rules, guidelines or info specific to that group.

Just purchased and love this add-on. :)

I do have one suggestion. Would you consider the ability for group owners to create a page for their group (similar to the way they can create a forum now)? This would be very useful for posting group rules, guidelines or info specific to that group.
That is exactly what the group description can be used for. It is shown on the group page.

Code:
Not Found
The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When a member is invited to join the group they're given that error when they click the link, although they still get added to the group I am wondering on how this can be fixed? I have already reinstalled and that hasn't done anything.

Code:
Not Found
The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When a member is invited to join the group they're given that error when they click the link, although they still get added to the group I am wondering on how this can be fixed? I have already reinstalled and that hasn't done anything.
I don't think that error is being created by the social group system. Index.php is the main page processor for XenForo and it is not called directly from the link in the invitation. It appears there may be a problem with your .htaccess rewrite calls for XenForo itself or another add-on.

Are there any errors in the error log in the admin area for your site?

Last edited:
I'm not a big brain with .htaccess, do you know what the matter is?
Code:
#   Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#   cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#   SecFilterEngine Off
#   SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On

#   If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
   #   line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
   #   of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
   #RewriteBase /xenforo

#   This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
   #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
   RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
   RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
   RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

I'm not a big brain with .htaccess, do you know what the matter is?
Personally I don't see anything wrong there. But there could be something peculiar with your server. You might want to ask your provider for help.

There was an issue in my root folder's .htaccess, I apologize for not editing my post earlier!

However, thank you for the quick replies! If I have any other issues I will be sure to contact you and great job on this plug-in! *Rated 5 stars

Can someone tell me please if this addon has a tab in a user's profile of what groups they are in and/or what groups they created...be good if it did, thanks

Can someone tell me please if this addon has a tab in a user's profile of what groups they are in and/or what groups they created...be good if it did, thanks
No it doesn't. But it is on the wish list for this add-on.

Just purchased this addon and in the early stages of analysis I am impressed with it, well done Snog.

Have found a slight cosmetic issue so far:
1.webp 2.webp

Some really great improvements I would like to see added to the addon would be:
1. A tab in the User Profile displaying what groups a user is in
2. User profile recent activity etc showing what posts the user has made in a group (public displays content, private group displays just that the user added something)
3. The ability to upload attachments in discussion posts. I doubt I will use the "Forums" component, which has the upload facility, of this addon because I can see the potential for hundreds of forums being created and the ability to be abused by users by just creating forums and forums with no posts etc resulting in a heavier admin workload

Also, the Responsive Design I think needs a little work Snog:
3.webp 4.webp
In portrait perhaps some centering and in Landscape of a phone perhaps the dual columns shouldn't kick in so soon as the discussion posts are too narrow to view clearly, the rest of my site doesn't have the side column kick in at the same resolution

Just purchased this addon and in the early stages of analysis I am impressed with it, well done Snog.

Have found a slight cosmetic issue so far:
View attachment 92976 View attachment 92977

I'll take a look at this, but I haven't been able to duplicate it with any of the styles I have.

backgrounds.webp

Some really great improvements I would like to see added to the addon would be:
1. A tab in the User Profile displaying what groups a user is in

This is already in the next release which is currently being tested on my site. It is under the 'information' tab on the user profile pages. Hidden private groups will never show on the page.

2. User profile recent activity etc showing what posts the user has made in a group (public displays content, private group displays just that the user added something)

The discussion section of a group is basically an oversized private conversation involving the entire group. Just like private conversations, they are not reported in any activity list.

I'll put this on the wish list for the add-on. But it would definitely have to be permission based as to who sees what in the activity list.

3. The ability to upload attachments in discussion posts. I doubt I will use the "Forums" component, which has the upload facility, of this addon because I can see the potential for hundreds of forums being created and the ability to be abused by users by just creating forums and forums with no posts etc resulting in a heavier admin workload

Again, I'll have to put this on the wish list for the add-on. There's absolutely no provision for attachments in the discussion section of groups.

So far as the forum section, you can limit the forum creation to only one forum for each group and not allow sub-forum creation. If you don't allow the discussion section to be created, it would force all posts into the single forum for the group. The 'General Chit Chat' group on my site would be an example of this.

Last edited:
Snog, if using a forum in a group, is there any way to make the selected tab "Groups" instead of Forums when in a Group Forum?...thanks

Snog, if using a forum in a group, is there any way to make the selected tab "Groups" instead of Forums when in a Group Forum?...thanks
There's no quick way to do it. When viewing a 'Group Forum' you're actually in XenForo itself so it's controlling the navigation tabs and breadcrumbs. To change that behavior I would have to extend the navigation system and rewrite the breadcrumbs, etc. to stay in the Group menu system.

Hi,
I think I have found a bug about this addon with the "Featured Threads" addon. When I try to change a category image banner, the popup is about the "Featured Threads" module. I have no clue how to fix this so I can change my categories banner.

I have also found a problem with subforums. When I create a new subforum, it doesnt appear in the group, but when I go check if the group is created, I'm able to see it.

Can you help me to fix those two bugs?
Thank you.

Attachments

• ss.webp
    ss.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 15
  • ss1.webp
    ss1.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ss2.webp
    ss2.webp
    24 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi,
I think I have found a bug about this addon with the "Featured Threads" addon. When I try to change a category image banner, the popup is about the "Featured Threads" module. I have no clue how to fix this so I can change my categories banner.

I have also found a problem with subforums. When I create a new subforum, it doesnt appear in the group, but when I go check if the group is created, I'm able to see it.

Can you help me to fix those two bugs?
Thank you.
Someone else had the problem with the Featured Threads add-on and the solution was to change the execution order of a template modification or a listener. I don't recall which, but I will get back to you with the solution ASAP.

I THINK the subforum problem is because you may not have a main forum for the group defined (I don't see one in the SS1 screenshot you attached). I'll look into that also.

Someone else had the problem with the Featured Threads add-on and the solution was to change the execution order of a template modification or a listener. I don't recall which, but I will get back to you with the solution ASAP.

I THINK the subforum problem is because you may not have a main forum for the group defined (I don't see one in the SS1 screenshot you attached). I'll look into that also.
A main forum?

What I did is to create a main category for all the groups. Than I created 3 others categories for different games. Each game can have a private group. So my nodes are like that:
Games (category)
Game 1 (category)
Group 1 (forum created by this addon)
etc...
Game 2 (category)
Game 3 (category)​

Last edited:
A main forum?

What I did is to create a main category for all the groups. Than I created 3 others categories for different games. Each game can have a private group. So my nodes are like that:
Games (category)
Game 1 (category)
Group 1 (forum created by this addon)
etc...
Game 2 (category)
Game 3 (category)​
First, to fix the problem with Featured Threads, temporarily turn on 'Use Friendly URLs' in 'Admin->Home->Options->Basic Board Information'. I'll put the fix in the next release of this add-on which is coming out next week.

Now, the problem in this post...

From the screenshot in the first post, it appears you created a group without a forum. If you do that, then no forum will appear when you create a sub-forum. What you should see if you are in a group is this...
forummissing.webp

So, delete the group and re-create it. But this time be sure to select 'Create Group Forum' in the group creation screen.

If you don't see 'Create Group Forum' in the group creation screen, check your user group permissions and make sure your user group can create a group forum...
permissions.webp

For the URL, I may just wait the next release if its in one week or two.

For my groups permissions, all my permissions are set correctly by what I see... *refer to screenshot*
I don't see "Create a group forum" in the menu, only Create a Group. In my permission, Ive picked "allow" for every single usergroup on my website for testing purpose and I still don't see the option.

oui = yes
autorisé = authorized

Attachments

• ss3.webp
    ss3.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 12
  • ss4.webp
    ss4.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 12
There is one other possibility and that is that you don't have the option set to take you to the group forum when a group is selected.

Check to be sure that BOTH 'Show Navigation Tab' and 'Use Both Navtab and Node List' are checked in the Admin->Home->Options->Social Groups for XenForo

Top Bottom