Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) [Deleted]

This is usually a case of the tokens expiring and not being renewed.

Simplest thing to do is go to Social Connect page and unlink the account then link it again.

yes!. like it a lot. Thanks for being "social" minded Chris. imo.....Forum is dead.....long live social communities ;-)

we need more of this kind of social stuff

Can someone tell me if this add-on is supposed to add the post's image to facebook and twitter when using autopost?
It posts the text and a PLACE for the image, but no image at all. If I could just get a starting point to begin looking for a problem it would be great.
Just moved over from vBulletin after 14 or so years, so I'm a bit of a XF / Add-On noob. Thanks in advance for any info.

I haven't had a Social Connect sale for about 2 months.

You mentioned "Social Share" in an earlier post. That's a completely different add-on that is not authored by me.

Okay then, got the account thing sorted. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, I got the two social add-ons confused. It was your gallery I purchased.

In haste to get my site back on line after the conversion, it appears that I purchased the wrong social app ! Doh.

I want to be sure of understanding how this add-on works before purchasing. Here is a test scenario:

1. User registers on my forum (regular registration)
2. User notices the XenForo's built-in Facebook integration and links his FB account with his forum account.

So now here is when your add-on comes to the scene... in order to share threads he creates to his FB he needs to integrate, again, his FB with your add-on? If this is how it works, I think this is complicating and confusing things especially for those non tech savvy people.

Any chance to make your add-on be part of the built-in XenForo FB/Twitter integration? This way everything will be done in a single step instead of doing multiple associations.

mmm. I understand that if you enable twitter you are bound to 140 characters but when twitter switched off you are still bound to 140 characters. So when people want to write more in a discussion they can't

So now here is when your add-on comes to the scene... in order to share threads he creates to his FB he needs to integrate, again, his FB with your add-on? If this is how it works, I think this is complicating and confusing things especially for those non tech savvy people.
This is generally out of necessity. It's all about permissions. When a person registers using Facebook with the default XenForo feature, XenForo only asks for the permissions it requires. My add-on requires additional permissions, hence the users need to be asked for permission again. The permission I'm referring to, by the way, is the permission that would allow your Facebook App to post automatically to a user's profile (e.g. they make a status update and that is automatically posted to their feed).

Also to flip it on its head, what if XenForo just asked for all permissions including the permission to post on a user's feed. How would that make them feel? They may not want you to have that permission. They may be confused as to why you're asking for that permission.

mmm. I understand that if you enable twitter you are bound to 140 characters but when twitter switched off you are still bound to 140 characters. So when people want to write more in a discussion they can't

What are you saying is bound to 140 characters?

This is generally out of necessity. It's all about permissions. When a person registers using Facebook with the default XenForo feature, XenForo only asks for the permissions it requires. My add-on requires additional permissions, hence the users need to be asked for permission again. The permission I'm referring to, by the way, is the permission that would allow your Facebook App to post automatically to a user's profile (e.g. they make a status update and that is automatically posted to their feed).

Also to flip it on its head, what if XenForo just asked for all permissions including the permission to post on a user's feed. How would that make them feel? They may not want you to have that permission. They may be confused as to why you're asking for that permission.

What are you saying is bound to 140 characters?

well. if socialconnect is enabled you only can type 140 characters in statusupdate. in the visual its disabled

140.webp

I'd need to test it, but that could be a bug.

If you're updating your own status on your own profile, 140 is correct. If you're posting something on someone else's profile then it should be a lot more.

I'd need to test it, but that could be a bug.

If you're updating your own status on your own profile, 140 is correct. If you're posting something on someone else's profile then it should be a lot more.

yes....420 characters but that is sometimes too less...need more but i suppose this has nothing to do with your addon.

also 140 is too less....has to do with twitter but then you have to program it that twitter shortens the text somehow

Top Bottom