So with Mandrill going premium, what are some alternatives?

When I purchased a dedicated IP, it was a completely different story. I usually got 15-20% open emails, and with a dedicated IP I reached almost 70%, which is insane (same list, same emails, same newsletter structure/code).
Although Amazon SES is very cheap, most of my emails through them went into people's SPAM inbox, so I would not recommend them by any means.

Yikes. Where did you get the dedicated ip from?

OK, so after trying all the services mentioned in this thread, I've received the best deliverability with SendGrid (by a factor of 3). I sent a newsletter to 15K emails (no bounce/failed domain - clean emails after major (semi-manual) filtering).

I send my newsletters with www.Sendy.Co and I check them with http://www.mail-tester.com/

Basically what increased my results by a huge factors was setting up SPF record. When I purchased a dedicated IP, it was a completely different story. I usually got 15-20% open emails, and with a dedicated IP I reached almost 70%, which is insane (same list, same emails, same newsletter structure/code).
Although Amazon SES is very cheap, most of my emails through them went into people's SPAM inbox, so I would not recommend them by any means.
Do they have send bounced email feature?

Liam what do you've used to setup an SMTP server? Do you have the same reporting level of Mandrill and so on?

I just did it directly with postfix and dovecot, so there's no reporting at all (except the mail logs).

Works well for my use case, maybe not others.

Liam

Hi Amie

Thanks for your help.

I don't think its the same. They just let it set an email where bounced mails are forwarded. Then XenForo just pickup those emails (IMAP/pop) and parse then to set those accounts inactive.

If you could clarify would be great.

@AmieDurr @Nuno
Nuno is right - Inbound Relay Webhooks don't work the same as far as I can see (admittedly, I haven't actually tried them). With Sendgrid you can just plug in a Bounce or Spam complaint forwarding address and then all bounce/spam complaint messages are forwarded to this email.

Nuno - can you let me know if you figure out a solution?
Amie - can you let me know if SparkPost releases this feature?

Is it me or is send grid MASSIVELY delayed?

Has anyone found a better alternative yet?

Also on Sendgrid when validating the domain for whiltelabel, do you have to setup a subdomain in WHM? I'm not sure how to validate it?

Is it me or is send grid MASSIVELY delayed?
I get messages delivered almost immediately. Maybe delayed by a few minutes, but no longer.

Also on Sendgrid when validating the domain for whiltelabel, do you have to setup a subdomain in WHM? I'm not sure how to validate it?
You just have to add a few CNAME records where ever you host your DNS. This lets them manage the SPF and DKIM records for you.

Only over API? Is there an easy way to just forward bounce and spam emails to my email?

We (Pepipost) have bounce tracking support over API(Webho0ks) as well as on Email. You just need to share your email id on which you want all your bounce emails to be track. We can configure the same for you.

Top Bottom