So with Mandrill going premium, what are some alternatives?

SparkPost is a good choice, but they lack (or I can see it) the option to forward bounces to a specific email address that we can get in mandrill, mailgun and sendgrid.

I went with SendGrid - setup wasn't hard and I easily fit into the 12k emails per month free plan limit.

I believe the Inbound Relay Webhooks is what you're looking for with SparkPost

Hi Amie

Thanks for your help.

I don't think its the same. They just let it set an email where bounced mails are forwarded. Then XenForo just pickup those emails (IMAP/pop) and parse then to set those accounts inactive.

If you could clarify would be great.

Switched to SparkPost. Love it so far.

Does anybody knows how to configue for emails not to go to spam folder? When using Mandrill brefore that emails weren't going to spam folder.

Does anybody knows how to configue for emails not to go to spam folder?

Make sure your DKIM and SPF records are setup and making sure your domain isn't on a blacklist. Other than that there isn't anything I'm aware of that you can do, it's up to your provider.

That said...

Switched to SparkPost. Love it so far.

Why would you love it if your emails go to spam?

Ah, when I post it I saw my DKIM is still not verified. Need to wait for DNS to refresh. I hope it will work after that.

Why would you love it if your emails go to spam?
:) I just love it, because it's similar to Mandrill I've been using before. Also 100k free emails. I believe this thing with email going to spam folder will fix soon. I recall the similar problem was with Mandrill too when I started using it.

Ah, when I post it I saw my DKIM is still not verified. Need to wait for DNS to refresh. I hope it will work after that.
I'm using Cloudflare. Just to report, you need to add DKIM and SPF value to Cloudflare too if you wish to verify.

Last edited:
Top Bottom